• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bought a cage for Carpet & Marble

Stalvros

Warren Scout
They seem to enjoy it.
The cage was bought today and i set it up this morning.
They seem to like it too ^_^.
Carpet PEED on the spot nearest to the food (to mark his territory)..... as always -_-. No wonder Carpet seems WAYYY fatter compared to Marble.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vaKO3fAx0s[/youtube]

dscf0043oo3.jpg

dscf0044cb1.jpg

dscf0045bm5.jpg

dscf0046hu1.jpg

dscf0047fa6.jpg

dscf0048wf8.jpg

By the way, does anyone know when Marble's other ear will flop?
She's only 7 weeks old for now. As can be seen from the picture, only 1 of its ear is flopped.

Last edited:
aww theyre adorable!!! it can take about 2-3 months minmimum i think for lops...people presume theyre born like it..i always did till i learnt better:lol:

mmmm not to be a killjoy but i would think about investing in some seagrass mats or something so that they arent on the bars 24/7........as buns are very prone to sore hocks. I tell you now theyll be needing a bigger cage in no time..its amazing how fast they grow!:shock:

I know the choice of small animal cages can be quite limited in Australia but unfortunately that cage is far too small - even now as babies in my opinion. Rabbits should be able to do at least 3-4 normal hops (read here) across the cage and it doesn't look like this is possible. The wire floor isn't really suitable too.
You may find it easier to find a cage for another critter to adapt - e.g. a larger dog crate that you can cover with wire mesh if the bar spacing is too wide

Umm, with regards to the wire-flooring, its actually for the purpose of easy cleaning. As you can see, the bottom tray can be taken out.

I am aware that it's a bit small yeah for the rabbits :(.
Unfortunately, this is Singapore and they dont sell cage bigger then that.
(I got the biggest cage there is in the shop)

For exercise purpose, i usually bring them to the garden for around 10-20 minutes where they get a LOT of attention from the crowds.
(Any longer and there's a chance of them catching heat wave)
(This is Singapore, not Australia)

your location says australia.....

i know its tricky when its not setup for buns where you live and the ehat is unbearable..but if they live inside can you not let them run loose in the house..maybe making use of a large second hand childs playpen or even the sides and eneds of an old cot?

i appreciate the cage is for easy cleaning but honestly you will get buns iwth sore hocks if they dont have one spot where they cans it without bars...:(

breeding rabbits blocks over here used to use cgaes in blocks like yours for easy cleaning but these buns were usually meat buns or sold off really quick...

im no diy person so id opt for a second hand childs cot..actually i ownder why i never thoguht of that before myself:oops:

keep the plastic base as a huge litter tray for them later on...

its a shame worldwide uns arent as accepted as house pets like they do int he usa and now over here..but still the size of cages is too small..if they didnt make them we wouldnt buy them.

can you shop online?

im not sure will check to see who ships to singapore..if i can..language probs on sites..will have to babel fish it!

:wave:

Sorry, your location says Australia.
Have your considered building your own? Perhaps you could use their current cage as a 'base' and build an enclosed run around it for when they get a bit bigger.
Rabbits aren't too messy and soon get the hang of a litter tray so personally I wouldn't worry about using the wire floor if you can take it out. Otherwise, as suggested, I'd provide some mats - you don't have to cover the entire floor, just give them the option of laying on something solid :)

Whoops, well~
It's Singapore XD

Yeah, they live inside most of the time.
I'm trying to separate them from all these playstation or TV cables~

Yes i can shop online.
As long as paypal is available at least~

Hmmm i'll have to find a good mat then, i just dont want to find something too 'carpettie' at the moment. Carpet + Rabbit pee dont go well :(

Hi there.

Sorry but I don't like the wire base to the cage either. Why not put a piece of vinyl flooring on the cage floor if you don't want carpet. Then you can add a layer of newspaper in case of accidents.

I agree that this cage is way too small for your bunnies to be shut in all day. They need to have constant access to exercise or they will develop muscle problems which can be bad news.

You can very easily tidy away your playstation cables with cable tidies if this is a problem and it's very easy to bunny proof. Bunnies that are kept as house bunnies really need to be just that - allowed use of the house. If it were me, I would do everything I could to adapt one area of my home for their use. You just can't see bunnies natural behaviour if they can't exercise and play in a large area.

Helen :D

Hmm i'll see what i can do with regards to the flooring.
My only option right now is just to put a piece of soft wooden plank on one of the edge to rest their leg.

Meanwhile, do you guys have some sort of selling site
that you can recommend me to improve the flooring?
(Must be able to ship to singapore and use paypal)

Hmm i'll see what i can do with regards to the flooring.
My only option right now is just to put a piece of soft wooden plank on one of the edge to rest their leg.

Meanwhile, do you guys have some sort of selling site
that you can recommend me to improve the flooring?
(Must be able to ship to singapore and use paypal)

:wave: you could use something as simple as cardboard, cut up a box and pop it it, cheap and easy to replace!

if you attatched a run to the cage also, they would be able to hop, skip and jump to their hearts content and would be alot more happy. :p They are gorgeous bunnies!! :love:

Ahhhhhh alright,
thanks for the great idea lauralou ^_^.

Ummm, would it be possible that you give me a link
to some pictures of run-to-cage or something?
(I need ideas XD)

:wave: i have found a thread in singapore pet forum discusisng where to buy cages etc from...hope its useful as it mentions where to get playoens from or those grids that some people refer to as NIC cubes....i use them cable tied to side of tv unti to protectcables form sharp teeth:lol:

http://www.petschannel.com/forum/?page=topic&topicID=7537&start=1

With regards to protecting the cable,
at the moment i am using those plastic tubes (one that binds all the cables to one).

To be MORE precise, im more worried at marble then carpet -_-.
Marble eats anything, VERY active, VERY friendly and has SUPER itchy teeth.
Carpet..... acts like a lion -_-. Just sits there, doesnt sniff, doesnt hate, doesnt like, minding his own business till you pick him up to give him a pat. (Will be active at the sight of food)

Keep an eye on this eBay shop, it's located in Singapore and it seems like they usually sell dog crates!

http://stores.ebay.com.sg/PET-HOMES-AND-ACCESSORIES_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Ooops wait a minute it's in Australia! They do seem to ship to Singapore though, but that seems expensive...

Will keep looking!

Oh no :(
yeah their stuff is awesome though~

I'm also looking for a good rabbit collars?
(Just when i bring them down to the garden as at times
they just love to wonder FAR from me -_-)

Oh no :(
yeah their stuff is awesome though~

I'm also looking for a good rabbit collars?
(Just when i bring them down to the garden as at times
they just love to wonder FAR from me -_-)

Collars are not suitable for rabbits at all. There necks are very fragile, they can easily get the collar caught and snap their neck. :( You can get special rabbit leads though, be careful, it takes a while for them to get used to them and many never do. Something like this

Good luck in getting a bigger cage. :) And yep you need to get rid of that wire floor asap, not good at all. Very cute bunnies btw. ^^

Hmmm alright, rabbit leads XD
I might want to get those~
Thank you so much for the suggestion *Michaela*
Let me know if you come across a website for me to get them (Must be able to send to Singapore)

Oh yes!
I have made a video for them actually.
Enjoy the show;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vaKO3fAx0s

Last edited:
The leads/harnesses aren't really recommended either. Rabbits are prey animals and having something tied around their body may stress them out as it may feel like being held in a mouth. Also, should they get surprised and go to bolt into a hiding place they may injure themselves quite seriously

Back