• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carriers for Giant Buns and French Lop pair..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
How do people transport them....

I have a french lop whos partnered with a english cross...i have just your usual size carrier, but they just fit in and look kinda squished....any hints?

Thanks, Natalie xx

...lol exactly. thing is its gotta fit in car then i got to be able to carry them into vets aswell lol.... they weigh a tonne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx

This is gonna sound stupid, and your gonna think "Jack...You weirdo...":lol:
But:

I saw a carrier on eBay, that is big, and you can push it or pull it along:D:D
Maybe it might work ;)
Jack x

This is gonna sound stupid, and your gonna think "Jack...You weirdo...":lol:
But:

I saw a carrier on eBay, that is big, and you can push it or pull it along:D:D
Maybe it might work ;)
Jack x

HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!:lol::lol:

although you do have a point....the people in the vets already look at me, can you imagine them if i was pulling it along with the buns inside....hahha:lol::lol:

Thanks Jack....xx

HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!:lol::lol:

although you do have a point....the people in the vets already look at me, can you imagine them if i was pulling it along with the buns inside....hahha:lol::lol:

Thanks Jack....xx

:lol::lol: :D
You should see my vets...:shock:
The receptionist thinks I am strange because my buns live in a playhouse:? :(
Jack x

:lol::lol: :D
You should see my vets...:shock:
The receptionist thinks I am strange because my buns live in a playhouse:? :(
Jack x

Lol awww.
Well mine only have half our pets down and they think thats alot!!! Dread to think what they would say if all pets were registered there haha..

anyways...back to carrier anyone??

xx

Lol awww.
Well mine only have half our pets down and they think thats alot!!! Dread to think what they would say if all pets were registered there haha..

anyways...back to carrier anyone??

xx

Aww!

Yep...Please help out with a big carrier! ;)
Jack:D:D

:oops: ours have a pet stroller and it lifts off the wheels for putting in cars or up on vets table...you should see the looks..but thelaughters worse....then they see the pair of frenchies and say its a great idea:lol:

sadly its full of holes via cats who always st on the top waiting for the taxi with their bunnys..to keep them company...little idiots!

no more since on ebay they used to have loads like it.....

maybe you could modify an old hard bodied pram body with mesh etc....the body used to ocme away from the pram via a load of wingnuts etc..go odwn the tip searching:lol:

btw cos of willow bertie is squished up:oops: all 4 buns and the cats when they were younger used to go in it for rides around the garden for bonding sessions...the neighbours think im nuts:oops:

:oops: ours have a pet stroller and it lifts off the wheels for putting in cars or up on vets table...you should see the looks..but thelaughters worse....then they see the pair of frenchies and say its a great idea:lol:

sadly its full of holes via cats who always st on the top waiting for the taxi with their bunnys..to keep them company...little idiots!

no more since on ebay they used to have loads like it.....

maybe you could modify an old hard bodied pram body with mesh etc....the body used to ocme away from the pram via a load of wingnuts etc..go odwn the tip searching:lol:

btw cos of willow bertie is squished up:oops: all 4 buns and the cats when they were younger used to go in it for rides around the garden for bonding sessions...the neighbours think im nuts:oops:

Sorry but i have to laugh...i was just picturing it alll...:lol::lol:

Awww, what a great idea. Although i dont think i could convert anything lol!!

Rides around the garden...lol...awwwww!!

xx

On here someone asked whether it was a good idea to get a small crate to sit in the back of the car for transporting, and then you could use a slightly smaller carrier just for the trip in to the vets office. Not sure how practical it is if they're the sort of bun to leap out of your arms when attempting to move them into a carrier though , but at least they could stay together then be transported in in two smaller carriers for the short period of time?

On here someone asked whether it was a good idea to get a small crate to sit in the back of the car for transporting, and then you could use a slightly smaller carrier just for the trip in to the vets office. Not sure how practical it is if they're the sort of bun to leap out of your arms when attempting to move them into a carrier though , but at least they could stay together then be transported in in two smaller carriers for the short period of time?

That may be possible.....Thanks..x

mmm only found this on ebay and i know ive seen a red version online in uk..but to say holds a pet up to 20lb..ok we need a double buggy version then:lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Pink-3-In...NameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

mind you ive always fancied one of these they look like the kittywalk ones from the USA.....

http://www.lamp-post.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=IN359125

this is almost the same as ours and i fit a 5kg and a 6kg frenchie in together!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-In-1-Navy-B...16380QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

mmm looks like well have to save up...and buy one again! we have buses round here that i could get on board with this but i odnt know how bunies react to buses!

My big 'uns go to the vets on harnesses. It's just easier than wrestling them in and out of carriers.

I also have an Atlas 40? or 50? its the second largest they make. They fit in there fine too but it weights a tonne!!!

We put all 4 of ours in a medium sized crate and then struggle in together with it. :D
If I go on my own then they have a regular carrier each and I just wobble from side to side with all the sudden lurches and movements as the bunnies hop from one end to the other. :roll:

Maria x

My big 'uns go to the vets on harnesses. It's just easier than wrestling them in and out of carriers.

I also have an Atlas 40? or 50? its the second largest they make. They fit in there fine too but it weights a tonne!!!

I use the Atlas 40, it was great when Gabe, Daisy and Nush were bonded, they still had loads of room. I use it for Nush and big boy Bungle now and I collected a Mum and 4 babies in it last week. I recommend them :eek:)

I use an Atlas 40 for my two conti's, but it's a two man job as the carrier is heavy enough on its own!
I've just got a medium sized crate that I'll be using in future, as it is easier to pick up and move than the Atlas carrier.

I use a great big plastic open toped box from wilkinsons to take my conties any where.Mine are very good and dont jump out.

Back