• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my fish tank, and a fish laid eggs!

coco1200

Warren Veteran
heres my tank,

its 6X2X2ft - if you have a hutch this big, compare the size from here!
by means, not the biggest tank ive seen, but big enough!

fishytanktank.jpg

landscaped so it looks like the bottom of a lake in africa!

we have changed out fish tank so many times, and i think even though people say our fish shouldnt go together, i admit ive never had any problems!

firstly, this is the big guy, the bully and leader of the tank. hes a low grade flowerhorn cichlid, hes about 8 inches in lentgh, and hes a meanie!!
this picture was taken when he was a baby, but i cant get a good picture of him today :(
aww1234567890.jpg

oscar cichlid
IMG_1923.jpg

my pleco lenny - coming up to a foot and a half now
IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

green severum
IMG_1943.jpg

dolphin cichlid
IMG_1944.jpg

i love this little guy ^-^
hes a frontosa cichlid, only a lil guy, but ive heard these grow to a foot in size :shock::shock:
IMG_1946.jpg

dunno what this is, but hes prettttyyy
IMG_1952.jpg

no idea what he is, another big 'un, possible midas cichlid?
IMG_1949.jpg

and finally! the eggs in my tank!
IMG_1931.jpg

theyre not fertilised unfortunatley :( but at least i know my fish tank isnt hostile! :lol:

heres the proud 'mum' shes a UNDYED blood parrot cichlid.
(yes - this breed gets dyed ALOT)
IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

i guess i dont have the most amazing looking fish ever, but saying that, they are all still juvinile, so their colours wont come until they are slightly older.

BUUT when i talk about colour, this has to be the spangliest sparkly fish ive ever seen! He was in breeding dress at the time lol - just another dull fish now :(
sparkly.jpg

its kinda sad that i know so much about them though! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol, you fish geek!

Ryan was a fish geek as a kid, he still knows all the lingo! :lol:

i daredn't ask how much all that set up was! :shock: how long does it take to clean?!

lovely fishy-wishys by the way!

Wow that is incredible.., looks amazing.. I know how much work these kind of tanks take... it is a marine tank?

no its not marine, its normal tropical.
we've installed blue lights so it tricks people to thinking its marine! :lol::lol:

lol, you fish geek!

Ryan was a fish geek as a kid, he still knows all the lingo! :lol:

i daredn't ask how much all that set up was! :shock: how long does it take to clean?!

lovely fishy-wishys by the way!

i was that little kid who started off with a fish bowl, and took it too far. wayyyyyy too far. :oops:

the tank has cost wayyyyyyyyyyy too much.we had to get it second hand, becuase a brand new one this size would have cost around £1500 ALONE. we have spend alot more than that all together though :oops: but,TBH - the delivery cost more than the actual tank :oops:.

it takes a few hours to clean, bloody mission mayyn :lol:

Last edited:
Back