• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Laying on Back

Cynthia

Young Bun
Okay everyone my husband called me a few minutes ago. He said that he went to our rabbits cage because she was laying on her back to make sure she wasn't dead. But he said that she got up when he opened the door. I've never seen her lay on her back does everyone think she is okay or that she just wanted attention.

:DGood he scared me when he said that she was on her back

When rabbit's feel safe they "flop" - the greater the flop the more safe they feel.

If she's sitting up or in a position that she could easily get up from she's wary of something; if she's flat on her back (i.e. difficult to get up from) she's really happy & feels safe!

Our Molly used to be spark-out lying on her back! On numerous occasions we thought she was dead! She would always wake up with a start and look at us as if to say "Why are you looking at me like that?!" :lol: x

Our Matilda lies in what was supposed to be her corner litter tray. She goes down like a sack of spuds and turns onto her side. She's a lionhead and we often can't tell which way round she is - which is the tail which is the head, cos all her mane has been pushed up covering her face! :lol:

My Alice does that! She lies flat on her back with all 4 little paws up in the air as if she's playing dead. It frightened the living daylights out of me when I first saw her do it!!

Back