• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My sisters rabbits after dog attack. Pics UPDATE SAD NEWS

ellejay

Warren Scout
My sister's rabbits were attacked through their runs on the 11/06/08 by what we know, as the dogs next door. Gizmo was in a run that has bigger gaps, whereas Bubbles had smaller gaps. Well Gizmo has had her forearm totally ripped out of her socket, her tail bitten off and has dislocated her back leg, but suprisingly survived. She is very poorly and is still in abit of shock... We do not know if she is to be put down, neither do the vets. We are not going to drag it out on her, we just want the best for her... she is still eating and cleaning herself, moving abit, but also if her back leg does not improve then we will have to let her go... but due to her improvements she deserves a chance. She is such a brave bunny at 5 months old. Bubbles has had his paws chewed on, he is feeling much better as time goes... Also another brave bunny and also both very lucky!

About the neighbours...Well other Neighbours heard nextdoor chickens going mad, they heard the woman calling the dogs names telling them to stop, get away, etc... We went round and her partner came to the door, he wouldn;t even look at us properly and alls he said was didn't hear nothing... we knew straight away he was lying. After it happened the dogs have been quite for the past few days, they have kept them in doors... which just tells you it was them. It has cost us about £300 in vet bills upto now, they know it would have cost them so they have not admitted it... They have not asked how they are, no apology or nothing... Our other neighbours have asked and been round... I would love to get justice for my poor bunny's, but there is only so much we can do! I hope they can live with themselves, they are heartless people...

My sister just doesn't know what to do, Gizmo has now developed an infection in the wound surrounding her socket.
Any advice and opinions would be appreciated.
She is eating and drinking but this is mostly when the food is given to her. She is cleaning herself but needs help with her lower end. I went to see her today and I must say she doesn't look a happy bunny at all.

Bubble's is back to getting up to mischief again, we're just so worried about Gizmo and what is best for her.
She has been through so much the poor little baby.:cry::cry:

gizmo3.jpg
[/IMG]

giz.jpg

gizmo.jpg

bubbles.jpg

gizmo3.jpg

Last edited:
I would speak to citizens advice. It's your neighbours responsibility to make sure their garden is enclosed and the dogs can't get out. If they do then as far as I know they are responsible for any damage caused. You can write a letter asking them to contribute towards vet costs - you could also go through the small claims court.

Unless you or someone saw it happen, or they admit it, then you might have trouble proving it was their dog.

Tam

Im sorry I didnt read your post properly before I posted the first reply.I agree with Tasmin.Im so sorry and im so glad your sisters poor bunnies are still alive.I really hope that they get better.

Last edited:
What a shocking thing to happen!! I hope the buns make it through this and you get some justice as far as the neighbours are concerned x

Give them time poor little souls.If the worst happens bunnies can adapt very well to having three legs.

THats terrible :evil: I really hope you can get some justice. There must be someone that heard them shouting or saw it and would be willing to testify to it.

UPDATE Sad news

:cry::cry:

My sister had to let poor Gizmo go to the rainbow bridge this evening.

She was just suffering too much and the infection was just too much on top of everything else.

Thank you all for your vibes and please keep sending them to bubbles as he needs to have surgery next week.

Other neighbours did hear the commotion but didn't physically see what was going on.
These people have a number of dogs that were kept outside 24/7 but since this they have not been out as much.

Binky free Gizmo we and your mummy will miss you.

I'm really sorry to hear about Gizmo :( I hope Bubbles is getting over the ordeal. I agree with what Tamsin said about citizen's advice, they are responsible for their dogs.

I'm so sorry to read this, how awful. I really hope you find some justice for Gizmo and that Bubbles is ok. Binky free Gizmo :cry:

Im really sorry about Gizmo.:(

I think you should rerport them. If they could get out of their garden and do that to a helpless bun then what would they do to a child?

Binky Free Gizmo xx

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to your sister's bunnies & that Gizmo has passed away - poor little sweetheart. I'm sending loads of vibes & hugs for Bubbles to get better soon. xx

Aw no ive only just read this, how awful.....
Surely you could inform the Police, im sure they would do something?

Its awful...so sorry for you all

Binky free Gizmo!

x

Poor little Gizmo.Im so sorry sending loads of hugs and healing vibes to Bubbles.I would report your neighbours they shouldnt be allowed to get away with this.Now the dogs have done it once and have the taste for blood they will do it again.

i can only reiterate what tamsin and others have said...poor bunnys.......

yup youre right..our vet told us that when my sisters rottie killed her rabbit in the lounge..taste for blood will do so again and next time it might be the kids.

makes me so mad....i grew up with dogs cats chickens and my first ever bun when i was 4.....
people dont discipline their kids let alone their dogs!:censored: the police should be involved...its a crime as its not only the death and suffering of the buns but its also trespass..cats are exempt fromt he law for trespas but dogs arent.

for now tell her to invest in an alarm like the cat scarers but you get them to set for dogs or foxes too.

Back