• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stains on the carpet

pumsalient

Young Bun
Hi Everyone
Murphy is litter trained and always uses his litter tray but occasionally I find the odd tiny (5p size) stain on the carpet. I think this is wee (although he is just at that - how do you put it - 'frisky' stage:oops:). What's the best thing to get rid of any stains? I have tried vanish carpet cleaner and 1001 carpet cleaner and this has helped but not removed the stain completely. Any suggestions anyone?

They sell a stain and odour remover in the litter tray and cat section of P@H. It's what I use, its really good and lasts ages, just pour onto the stain and dab and it disappears. I've got the proper bottle though, not the spray. :)

I have found some washing powder dissolved in some warm water and rubbed on the stain seems to work really well, if it's old though it may need some work. I spilt 1/2 pint of cranberry juice on the cream carpet a few weeks ago :shock: and I was absolutely amazed how it got the stain out completely. It's good at getting out puppy wee smell too, fortunately the buns are very good girlies :D

Back