• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stapeley, Cheshire to Marlborough, Wiltshire - all sorted now, thankyou

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
11 more of the Blackpool bunnies will be travelling on Saturday/Sunday 28/29th June. They will be ready to leave Stapeley Grange on Saturday/Sunday having been neutered in stages during the week. They will already be in small carriers which do not need returning.

We may already have a lady who can do Oxford to Marlborough, but this has yet to be confirmed.

If anyone can help please can you reply on the thread. :D

Thanks

Maria x

Last edited:
Here's a map if it helps anyone :D

stepeley-marlborough.jpg

The journey could just as easily go down the M40 from Coventry rather than the M6 if this helps.

The journey can also be done on Saturday or Sunday - they have confirmed that all bunnies will be ready to travel by Saturday 28th.

Can anyone help?

Maria x

Ever feel like you are talking to yourself? :lol::lol::lol:

OK, I've got an RSPCA person who has already travelled miles and miles in his own time for these bunnies saying he will travel down to Stapely and collect the bunnies if no-one else can. He is miles away from Stapeley and travelling even further away to do this.

If anyone can meet him anywhere please say so!!

I have another volunteer in Oxford who can take the buns from Oxford to the rescue in Marlborough - but this journey has yet to be confirmed.

Raine has also been in touch and has offered her help, but it isn't easy for her on the days we have scheduled.

The buns have to be moved on either the 28th or 29th from Stapeley as they have more coming in and no available spaces.

Does anyone live between Cheshire and Wiltshire who is available that weekend please?

Maria x

:wave:Don't give up hope Maria. Its a bit out of my way and I've got commitments tomorrow. If someone could get them down to the Midlands, say one of the service stations on the M5 between the M6 and M50 ( strensham preferrably or Frankley ) or even Hilton Park then I could do it Sunday. I'll pm you - is that how you say it? I'm new to this!

Thanks for the pm! Forgot to say that there is no deadline for getting the buns to their destination, just have to be collected either Sat/Sun 28th/29th.

Maria x

:wave:Hi Snowy. I've offered to help. I'm hoping someone might be able to help with part of the run say from cheshire to M5 north or perhaps someone can take them on to Malborough from the M5 in gloucestershire.:)

:DI'll pm you. I've offered to do the whole run if no-one comes forward. I can't see these buns not arrive at their destination after all the hard work Maria has put in.
It's a long journey so had hoped someone might come forward and help with part of it - eg from cheshire to midlands.

Last edited:
Oooh, I can feel a plan coming along....:lol::lol:

Raine has said this if it helps - I'm sure she won't mind me quoting her. Saturday is the only day she can do.

I can drive upwards either the M40 or M6 route and and pick up bunnies and bring back to Oxford. I can drive about 70 miles. I have no preference on either route, whichever your start of your run wants to do.

Alternatively, Ill drive to Gloucester or further than this, which would be 50 - 70 miles, collect bunnies and take them straight to Marlbough, which would be 50 miles.

I still haven't had confirmation from the Oxford to Marlborough lady who volunteers for the rescue.

Maria x

:lol:Me thinks you're right about the plan! If Raine could take them for me to Malborough that would be super and means I can get home quicker. Can she reach Strensham services at M5 M50 intersection? Or would the next service station south of that on M5 do? Hang on - I'll have to get A-Z back in from car :D.
Saturday better for me too.

Last edited:
Just looking at the map and does it make sense for Theo to do the north part, Lucemarbles to do the middle and Raine the end?

I'm not involved in this run so I suppose it's none of my business really. :oops::roll::lol:

Maria x

:lol::lol: Up here for thinking, down there for dancing! Sounds good to me. I could meet Snowy at Hilton Park services M6 south bound side and take them down to Gloucester area for Raine. Makes Snowy's return easier though I don't know whereabouts she is in Warwickshire. There's always Frankley services M5 southbound or Hopwood Park M42.
It'll all gel by Friday teatime!

Sorry Maria I thought you were organising this,

I can if people want me to, but then you are all adults and I don't want to make things more difficult by being an unnecessary extra person.

I'm just really grateful that you guys are out there as this one is too far away for us.

Maria x

Back