PDA

View Full Version : Stapeley, Cheshire to Marlborough, Wiltshire - all sorted now, thankyou

Neil-and-Maria
18-06-2008, 05:54 PM
11 more of the Blackpool bunnies will be travelling on Saturday/Sunday 28/29th June. They will be ready to leave Stapeley Grange on Saturday/Sunday having been neutered in stages during the week. They will already be in small carriers which do not need returning.

We may already have a lady who can do Oxford to Marlborough, but this has yet to be confirmed.

If anyone can help please can you reply on the thread. :D

Thanks

Maria x

Neil-and-Maria
19-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Here's a map if it helps anyone :D

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t104/Neil-and-Maria/Misc/stepeley-marlborough.jpg

Neil-and-Maria
20-06-2008, 11:28 AM
The journey could just as easily go down the M40 from Coventry rather than the M6 if this helps.

The journey can also be done on Saturday or Sunday - they have confirmed that all bunnies will be ready to travel by Saturday 28th.

Can anyone help?

Maria x

Neil-and-Maria
20-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Ever feel like you are talking to yourself? :lol::lol::lol:

OK, I've got an RSPCA person who has already travelled miles and miles in his own time for these bunnies saying he will travel down to Stapely and collect the bunnies if no-one else can. He is miles away from Stapeley and travelling even further away to do this.

If anyone can meet him anywhere please say so!!

I have another volunteer in Oxford who can take the buns from Oxford to the rescue in Marlborough - but this journey has yet to be confirmed.

Raine has also been in touch and has offered her help, but it isn't easy for her on the days we have scheduled.

The buns have to be moved on either the 28th or 29th from Stapeley as they have more coming in and no available spaces.

Does anyone live between Cheshire and Wiltshire who is available that weekend please?

Maria x

LuceMarbles
20-06-2008, 06:24 PM
:wave:Don't give up hope Maria. Its a bit out of my way and I've got commitments tomorrow. If someone could get them down to the Midlands, say one of the service stations on the M5 between the M6 and M50 ( strensham preferrably or Frankley ) or even Hilton Park then I could do it Sunday. I'll pm you - is that how you say it? I'm new to this!

LuceMarbles
20-06-2008, 06:34 PM
:oops:Ooops Silly me, getting my weekends mixed up:lol:
Can help either day then. If someone can get them part way.

Neil-and-Maria
20-06-2008, 06:34 PM
This journey is next weekend!!! :D:D:D:D

Maria x

LuceMarbles
20-06-2008, 06:40 PM
:oops: Senior moment :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neil-and-Maria
20-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the pm! Forgot to say that there is no deadline for getting the buns to their destination, just have to be collected either Sat/Sun 28th/29th.

Maria x

Snowy
21-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Anything happening with this bunny run??

LuceMarbles
22-06-2008, 08:41 AM
:wave:Hi Snowy. I've offered to help. I'm hoping someone might be able to help with part of the run say from cheshire to M5 north or perhaps someone can take them on to Malborough from the M5 in gloucestershire.:)

Snowy
22-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Hiya :wave: Where are you doing?,

LuceMarbles
22-06-2008, 08:58 AM
:DI'll pm you. I've offered to do the whole run if no-one comes forward. I can't see these buns not arrive at their destination after all the hard work Maria has put in.
It's a long journey so had hoped someone might come forward and help with part of it - eg from cheshire to midlands.

Neil-and-Maria
22-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Oooh, I can feel a plan coming along....:lol::lol:

Raine has said this if it helps - I'm sure she won't mind me quoting her. Saturday is the only day she can do.

I can drive upwards either the M40 or M6 route and and pick up bunnies and bring back to Oxford. I can drive about 70 miles. I have no preference on either route, whichever your start of your run wants to do.

Alternatively, Ill drive to Gloucester or further than this, which would be 50 - 70 miles, collect bunnies and take them straight to Marlbough, which would be 50 miles.

I still haven't had confirmation from the Oxford to Marlborough lady who volunteers for the rescue.

Maria x

LuceMarbles
22-06-2008, 10:14 AM
:lol:Me thinks you're right about the plan! If Raine could take them for me to Malborough that would be super and means I can get home quicker. Can she reach Strensham services at M5 M50 intersection? Or would the next service station south of that on M5 do? Hang on - I'll have to get A-Z back in from car :D.
Saturday better for me too.

Snowy
22-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I can do Warwickshire to Marlborough if that helps

Neil-and-Maria
22-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Just looking at the map and does it make sense for Theo to do the north part, Lucemarbles to do the middle and Raine the end?

I'm not involved in this run so I suppose it's none of my business really. :oops::roll::lol:

Maria x

LuceMarbles
22-06-2008, 01:01 PM
:lol::lol: Up here for thinking, down there for dancing! Sounds good to me. I could meet Snowy at Hilton Park services M6 south bound side and take them down to Gloucester area for Raine. Makes Snowy's return easier though I don't know whereabouts she is in Warwickshire. There's always Frankley services M5 southbound or Hopwood Park M42.
It'll all gel by Friday teatime!

Snowy
22-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm not involved in this run so I suppose it's none of my business really. :oops::roll::lol:

Maria x

Sorry Maria I thought you were organising this,

Neil-and-Maria
22-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Sorry Maria I thought you were organising this,

I can if people want me to, but then you are all adults and I don't want to make things more difficult by being an unnecessary extra person.

I'm just really grateful that you guys are out there as this one is too far away for us.

Maria x

raine
22-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Im still available for Gloucester to Marlborough. My son is at cricket on Saturday afternoon, so I was going to drop him at the ground and drive to Gloucester to meet up with the run and then take the bunnies to Marlborough, finally going back to the ground to collect Daniel. If the timing works out I will do this but, if it doesnt, Ill cancel his cricket and we can just do the run. Waiting to see how the first part of the journey gets organised. Let me know how things go.

LuceMarbles
22-06-2008, 04:50 PM
:wave:Hi Raine, nice to hear from you. Thats really kind of you and would be a great help as I know Gloucester and have friends there. This would be closer to my route and save me the bridge toll! :D

Just hoping someone would like to do the Stapeley to Birmingham-ish bit, so will wait and see before firming up plans later in the week if thats okay? Sorry if that leaves you up in the air a bit.

Maria has my contact details but I'll pm you later in the week. Thanks again.
Liz X

Must learn how to add all those bunny pics after my post!:lol:

capel
23-06-2008, 01:10 AM
deleted. Sorry, thought I could help out and posted late last night, but it looks highly unlikely at the moment. However, if there's a way I can change prior arrrangements on Sat we may be able to do the pickup from Stapley and transport to this side of Birmingham/Halesowen . Will post here, one way or the other by 3.30 today with outcome.
ETA Have just read that there's a pos of a pick up from southbound M6 Hilton services. If I can alter my saturday plans I could do the run to there from Stapley. Which Junction is it?

capel
23-06-2008, 09:34 AM
:D
Ok. Rog and I can do the pick up from Stapley(that's where my lovely vet did a free spay for Toyah,now LouandJoe's Bella) and take the buns to The Hilton services on M6 Southbound if Saturday afternoon suits everyone else. We'd try to pick up from Stapley around 2pm and then travel down to the services from there. Is that any good? Pm me for my phone number if that's easier.
Hilda

Neil-and-Maria
23-06-2008, 02:42 PM
This run is sorted :D:D

Thanks to everyone who is involved and those who offered to help.

Maria x

capel
05-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Rog and I are on our way to pick these buns up from Stapley for the first leg of their journey. See you in about 2.5 hrs Theo!!:)

Amy & Amber
05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Good luck with the journey Hilda :wave:

LuceMarbles
05-07-2008, 11:31 AM
:wave: Same here.

kimsey
05-07-2008, 08:34 PM
aww how did this go? if i new about it i could of helped too, sorry, dint notice it b4, i live near marlbrough

Neil-and-Maria
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Everything went very well. Updates are on this thread. :D
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=137433

Maria x

karen354
05-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Well done all :D:D:D:D

LuceMarbles
06-07-2008, 08:16 AM
:D Well done from me too - especially given the weather, hope it was better over your end of the country than here :)