• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

looks like it's time for Fudges first dental U/D he's eating

karen354

Warren Veteran
I was told 18 months ago when Fudge was neutered that he'd need ongoing treatment for his teeth, well last Thursday he wouldn't eat :(within 5 hours he was eating again being his usual greedy self, this morning he doesn't want to eat his breakfast..

Do you think the time has come for his dental ? the vet I'll be taking him is quite a journey away 45 minutes, do they usually give the dental the same day ?

Last edited:
He's eating now :? not sure what to do now shall I take him the on the stressful drive or see how he is over the next 2 days ?

I would take him and have him checked as opposed to worrying yourself over the next two days (then feeling guilty should it turn out he does have a problem).

My vets are good and if I take them first thing and it transpires they need a dental they will do them that day, however most surgery times are between 11 and 2 so it's likely you would have to schedule it for another day.

Any changes in eating habits should be monitored closely with dental buns, and if he is refusing food when normally he would be straight at the bowl that usually means something is going on.

My vets have squeezed dentals in as late as 2pm when I've arrived in the afternoon though they usually fit them in with the ops in the morning. Why not call them and ask before leaving?

My vets have squeezed dentals in as late as 2pm when I've arrived in the afternoon though they usually fit them in with the ops in the morning. Why not call them and ask before leaving?

He's eating like a pig now and binkying round the garden, what should I do ? do you think i should take him to the vets or leave it and see how it goes?

He's eating like a pig now and binkying round the garden, what should I do ? do you think i should take him to the vets or leave it and see how it goes?

Whats the chances of him letting you slide your small finger into the side of his mouth and run it along his molars? You should be able to feel any spurs...most often they are on the lower arcade.

If not I would be sure to get him checked over before the weekend....you know what they are like for picking their moments to have a wobbly :roll:

Back