• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

potato leaves bunny safe?

jesska

Alpha Buck
well my nan grown some potato and she digging them up soon and wonder if i could feed the tops to my bunnies and if them are safe and good for them?? anyone know
xx

Potato leaves aren't safe for anything to eat, neither are tomato tops, same family. Even potatoes should be cooked before feeding to anything.

ohh im just looking at this site iv found its say on there too.. id never give anything to my bunnies without looking it cause there that many foods that not safe for the bunsters.

oh my god iv never eating another potato again i never though a potato could be poisonous. when i think back i bet iv eaten a few green spuds.

As you've already seen, they're poisonous - part of the Solanum family, including deadly nightshade, but also other flowering Solanums - the ones people have to pretty up their gardens. So folks, be warned - don't let your bunnies eat this in your garden....

Solanum

My neighbours grow it up their fence between our gardens and I have to be really careful as it hangs over one of my bunny set ups.:lol:

As you've already seen, they're poisonous - part of the Solanum family, including deadly nightshade, but also other flowering Solanums - the ones people have to pretty up their gardens. So folks, be warned - don't let your bunnies eat this in your garden....

http://www.growsonyou.com/genus/Solanum

My neighbours grow it up their fence between our gardens and I have to be really careful as it hangs over one of my bunny set ups.:lol:

Back