• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When does bunny stop growing?

pumsalient

Young Bun
My mini lop (Murphy) is now 4 1/2 months old and weighs 1.3kg. He's grown really quickly and I think I read somewhere that bunnies are not fully grown until over a year old. My previous mini lop weighed 1.5kg and I wondered if Murphy is going to be a lot bigger or if growth rate slows down as they get a little older. He's still got a bit of a pointy face so I think has lots of 'filling out' to do :lol:

aww mini lops are soo cute..we got our bridge bunny oscar when he was 8 months old and he did grow a bit more but not that much bless him but he did more fill out and bulk up...and had finished by aged 12 months but as with all bunnies his skull carried on growing till he was 18 months old.....when he had developed dental probs and runny eyes.....but that wasnt what killed him..stress related gi stasis did.

make sure he has the best food pellets and most of all the best hay and a nice amount of grass of fresh greens in moderation as mini lops have tiny sensitive tummies.

yup oscar had a very boxy shaped face when he had finished growing.....

he was about 1.5kg too..never ever overweight..he was manic burnt it all up bless him.

Thanks for replying PurpleBumble. Murphy's on Alan and Page herbs 'n fibre and I can't believe how much hay he gets through! So hope giving him the best :)

Back