• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polo the Checkered Giant

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
Well this morning Polo got his very first adventure outside of the bun room. He did VERY well, not a single poo and the only thing he chinned was my leg! Lots of binkies, I never knew how high a large bunny could binky :shock:

Thinking about coming out of the bun room..
IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

"OMG pretend she's not there! Maybe she'll go away!"
IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Oh Hi!
IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

Coming through!
IMG_0825.jpg

Caught him tiptoe'ing, haha..
IMG_0832.jpg

Action shot, its blurry but I love it!
IMG_0833.jpg

He was really tired..
IMG_0838.jpg

So I decided to give him some veggies
IMG_0848.jpg

Gimme teh carrot!
IMG_0844.jpg

What a stunner !! :love:

Is he a Papillon ?

Janex

He was listed as a Rhinelander (WROnG, bwaha!) but his markings are very consistent with Checkered Giant/Papillon.. I'm actually not sure of the difference between the American Checkered Giant and Giant Papillons.. When I google them, I get the same looking buns :shock:

What a GORGEOUS bun!!!!! :D I LOVE Checkered Giants, but have never seen one since I moved here from the US !!!!!

I thought that checkered Giants were more slodgey than spotty like the Papillons are, but I could be TOTALLY wrong, as I often am! :roll: :lol:

Someone tell me.....I MUST know!!!

Last edited:
OMG How gorgeous is he?!?!??! :love::love::love: I don't know much about bunny breeds and so not heard of a checkered giant - he is gorgeous!!

:love: Thanks for all the kind words.. he is such a sweet sweet bun. He is living in a exercise pen that is I think 8 foot by 2 foot, for now. Once he is trained he'll be a full fledged house bun.

He was acting awfully rotten this morning :shock: Had thrown his hay box clear to the other side of the bunny run and wouldn't take any veg from me. I told Kai to watch him as its his day off to make sure he's not off his feed, but more than anything I think I woke him up at a bad time :lol:

He wasn't happy when I set it right again, :lol: :lol: :lol:
IMG_0855.jpg

Last edited:
Back