• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French Lop Owners. ??

Laurapaarl

Young Bun
Hello, if you think french lops are the most AMAZING breed of rabbit... please come and chat!
About what your bunny does, normal.. or not, lol. =] =]
And ask questions, i know i have a few!

=] xxxxx :p

I have a frenchie and a frenchie cross.

Although there is some contest as to whether Charm is a real rabbit or a magically animated stuffed toy he's so soft and docile. He'll sit there and let you do pretty much anything whereas my cross is a nosey begger. But Charm does divebomb at you for fusses if he sees you and you're not where he is :p

I have a frenchie doe and i love they way she snores and looks like shes having an epileptic fit when dreaming.:lol:

:S

aww!
Havent seen Archie completely asleep yet.. he always wakes up!
:p
Out of interest.. how old do frenchies have to be to start circling your feet?
Because archie is only like Four and a half months old and he follows us around and circles our feet?
I know what it means but i thought he was too young??!
xxx

Not a clue, I got mine full grown and they've always been under my feet, circling, following, diving at...even licking my toes this morning :p Not a clue what it means either. Sorry.

breeding

aww well, i guess he is just not normal!
Archie is our first bun, as before him the largest pet we have ever had is a hamster!
Has anyone ever bred frenchies, because we are concidering offering him out as a stud just for the expierience sorta, but we arent sure how to find female frenchies really.
xx

aww well, i guess he is just not normal!
Archie is our first bun, as before him the largest pet we have ever had is a hamster!
Has anyone ever bred frenchies, because we are concidering offering him out as a stud just for the expierience sorta, but we arent sure how to find female frenchies really.
xx

Hey,

He sounds adorable, any pics of him, I love Frenchies?:D As for breeding him, really not a good idea if hes from a petshop as you don't know his genetics or family's health background which is a concern with giants. Also, unless hes been shown, you have no idea if hes the creme d'la creme of rabbits and theres no point breeding yet more bunsters with poor conformation/health as the whole point of breeding should be to improve the lines so as the babies are fit and well. Also, with the HUGE numbers in rescue, is there really any point/goal you have in mind? Breeding animals' temperments can become more aggressive if used for breeding, to be honest, youd be better neutering him and getting him a spayed girlfriend in my opinion!:D

aww

yer i will try and send some, but i dont have many NEW ones... because he is much larger than his photos now..
And he is from a fantastic breeder in littlehampton, we did see his parents- MASSIVE!! =]
lOL
How many bunnies do you have?
xx
and i really would love a girlfriend for him ! :p

hya,i have a 1yr old frenchie called bluebell.she had her first litter this year.i wouldnt offer him out to stud due to risk of cross contamination and infections such as myxi etc.im having her neutered soon.i find bluebell to be a very highly strung girl.been told this is part of the breed.anyway,piccies!!!!:D

Dont quite have my own place yet...!
How old are you guys? coz i have the feeling im alot younger than you!
lol
I still go to school, but because my mum doesnt work archie has company pretty much all day round, and when i am home he gets a decent two hours to run about with me and cause complete chaos!
Is that enough play for a large breed like that?
x

Pictures

Also im kinda new to this, how to you attatch pictures to this post?
xxx
P.s please attatch your frenchie picture also =]
x

bluebell has full run of the garden.more room the better.her pic is in my sig.im 21 but i know theres quite afew young members here also.is your frenchie blue?x

I am only just 21. It was my birthday last week ^_^

How many hours floor time depends on how big a cage they have. Mine only have a 4ft long thing, so I got one of those pannel runs and just put it in between the hutch and the sofa, ran it to the other side of the room and used a box of food to hold it against the wall and they get permenant run in that. Then I let them out for a free run (Which translates to desty bombing up and down my stairs like a woman possessed and Charm sleeping on my sofa) When I'm around to supervise. Otherwise they'd destroy my wires.

If his hutch is big enough, allowing him a run for two hours a day is ok. But if like mine it's too small then he'd need more time. But I'm a bad person to ask what is an isn't enough room as consider half my living room just right.

If you upload your pictures to photobucket (You need an account there ) Or tiny pic (You don't need an account there) just copy the

Last edited:
!

I cant exactly remember how big the space is without looking...
But archie has an eight panel run under the stairs and Has enough room to binky in it and stuff... and take at least seven large hopes.. roughly!
And yeah archie is lovely blue, but he is currently moulting..
Wich makes is rather awkward to give him a little kiss on the head because you get fur in your face!
Lol
x
p.s Yeah im 14, kinda age difference dont you say?!

Hey,

He sounds adorable, any pics of him, I love Frenchies?:D As for breeding him, really not a good idea if hes from a petshop as you don't know his genetics or family's health background which is a concern with giants. Also, unless hes been shown, you have no idea if hes the creme d'la creme of rabbits and theres no point breeding yet more bunsters with poor conformation/health as the whole point of breeding should be to improve the lines so as the babies are fit and well. Also, with the HUGE numbers in rescue, is there really any point/goal you have in mind? Breeding animals' temperments can become more aggressive if used for breeding, to be honest, youd be better neutering him and getting him a spayed girlfriend in my opinion!:D

Exactly what i was going to say!! There are over 33,000 rabbits taken into rescues every year. If you want more and can not have more permanant, then why not foster for a rescue part time? Let him settle down with a nice wifey bun :) Its so sweet seeing them together :) Im 18 by the way.

Back