• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dry Rabbit Poo? (and a few more questions)

Nessa

Young Bun
My rabbit's poo seems to be dryer ever since he got neutered (last Thurs). It's not that dry and is still dark and round, but it just crumbles easier than before. I was wondering what is wrong in his diet. I have been giving him pellets, hay, and romaine lettuce and carrots. I wanted to give him veggies he liked the best and not too much for his tummy. The hay is new and is greener and he seems to be eating a lot more of it. The other one was green this is just a little fresher I think.

When will he be completely healed after the neutering? How many days is what I mean. When should I take him back out to his play house/hutch?
On a side note, I'm SO HAPPY I got him neutered. I thought he was a nice rabbit before, but he is so nice now! Every night he'll sit there for 15-20 minutes on my lap and then let me rub his nose and pet him and then if I'm laying down next to him he licks my face it's so cute! I wish he could be a fully inside rabbit and only go outside in spring and when it's good temp. Too bad my parents don't like him inside. Poor Earl, he's never done anything wrong. One more question, what is the grinding sound he makes when I pet him? Also when he hops sometimes he makes a sound like my tummy does when I drink water and then jump. I don't know if it comes from his mouth or stomach and it's happened his whole life. I just was wondering

I would say the crumbly poo is a good sign - full of fibre! Is it also bigger and lighter in colour - that's grade A poo that!
I would imagine he's healed by now. Have you checked the wound? It didn't take long for my buns to be ok after their ops.
Glad he enjoys sitting with you, the grinding sound is a happy bunny noise and the gurgling tummy is one that is working well.
It sounds like you ahve a very happy bunny indeed!

:wave::D Big round golden crumbly poos mean you are giving him an excellent diet!!Well done! :lol::lol:

Back