• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding it impossible to cope, can anyone help?

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I had a fall Sunday night, and spent 3 hours in casualty yesterday, and it's seems like I have broken my wrist. I need to go back to the fracture clinic next Monday to confirm, as there was a lot of internal bruising on the x ray yesterday. As it is now strapped up and it is my right hand, I am right handed, I am finding it very difficult to look after all the bunnies here. Add to that my M.E. and the fact that I can't use my left arm much due to an old shoulder injury, I am pretty much stuffed :lol::lol:

I am finding it impossible to give the bunnies their medication, clean bottoms etc. Also getting the indoor bunnies in from the garden at night.

It is taking me an hour to do a couple of litter trays that use to take me 15 mins.

Is there anyone in the leighton buzzard area who could possibly help me out for a few days, around the early evening, just for an hour?

I'm ok in the mornings as Steve can help, but he does't get in from work until 10.30pm so it is too dark to leave things till he gets back.

I would be so grateful if anyone could help just for a couple of days till I can use my hand a bit more :)

:wave: if i drove i'd be there like a shot. i'm sure there's some Bedford types on here somewhere *looks under RU sofa*

They all work ridiculous hours too, plus I don't know if I would trust them with picking up the buns if they are not use to them, especially the disabled ones.

I am going to start feeding in a minute as I anticipate taking a good few hours :?

Oh Liz, I am so, SO sorry that you are having such a difficult time. I wish SO much that I was closer so that I could help you. :( There must be someone on here who is nearby to you.

I am about 50 miles away, 100 mile round trip but I would be willing to come and help if you need me

Sorry, you've hurt your wrist, I can't help because I'm too far away and as of friday I'll be in a similar situation. I'm getting an op on my hand to fix carpal tunnel in it. I'm dreading it as during the day I have all the animals to look after. We are taking the shetland pony in for half the day ( to stop her getting fat) and I won't even be able to do that, opening a gate, putting on a headcollar. I'll have to walk to work, which will take 40mins instead of 15 cycling. My biggest fear is that Mike is sent away with work over the 6 weeks it will take to recover.
Maybe we will just have to spend our days writing stories for the folk on RU, but with really bad typing.:D

I really wish I could help, I am stuck at work this week though and have to go to a wedding at the weekend can't get out of either :(

I hope you get some help soon.

Me! Me! I'll help!!! Let me know what you need doing Liz, I'll do as much as I can. PM me or summat!! x x x

Thank you Faye, you do not know what you are letting yourself in for :lol:
Did I also mention the washing up and ironing need doing?;)

Thank you to Nikki as well for your kind offer :D

Hi Liz just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear you've hurt yourself & are struggling with the bunnies. I'd have loved to come over to help out, but am too far away. Hope you get better soon - just don't try to do too much too soon, take care, Denise xx

sorry

sorry to read about your broken arm i wish i lived nearer i would loved to have helped hope you get sorted soon love to the buns:love::wave:

Back