• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Typical boarding fees?

alx008

Warren Scout
Planning ahead - I am going away in August and wonder how much per day/per week an average boarding house for a couple of rabbits would be.
thanks

Depending on the boarding establishment, your location and the type of accomodation they offer anything between approx £4 and £12 for a bonded pair.

Thanks for the quick reply. You have a great website!
(It's a shame you are quite far from us!)

We pay £30 per week, and £50 for a fortnight. (ETA last years prices not sure if they'e changed) We recently had him in for 10 days and that was £35.
He gets a big hutch, food, hay and monitered exercise :)

Last edited:
Whereabouts are you?

Rescue I help at has a range of boarding fees:

£ 3 per night for 5ft hutch
£4 per night for 16 square foot hutch
£5 per night for a large hutch with a run
£5 per night for shed
£6 per night for bungalow or warren

Located near Cambridge :D

Petpals charged me £5 a day last year but wasn't happy with them as she didn't grasp the concept of a houserabbit.She put her cage out in the shed in the day then told me when i went to pick her up that she wouldn't get cold outside as she has lovely thick fur ......duh,whats her getting cold got to do with it?!!You wouldn't keep your dog in the shed or outside if a companion pet and as shes on her own she needs lots of human contact.Have nothing against outside bunnies but B is part of the family and in the home with her family is where she belongs.She goes to my friends now and her cage is in her lounge and out when my friend is in.

I live near Stratford. There is a lady who does pet boarding close by, I will get in touch with her. I just wanted to have an understanding of the going rate first.
thanks!

Whereabouts are you?

Rescue I help at has a range of boarding fees:

£ 3 per night for 5ft hutch
£4 per night for 16 square foot hutch
£5 per night for a large hutch with a run
£5 per night for shed
£6 per night for bungalow or warren

Located near Cambridge :D

It's like a hotel :D:D do you have to pay more for a garden view?

Petpals charged me £5 a day last year but wasn't happy with them as she didn't grasp the concept of a houserabbit.She put her cage out in the shed in the day then told me when i went to pick her up that she wouldn't get cold outside as she has lovely thick fur ......duh,whats her getting cold got to do with it?!!You wouldn't keep your dog in the shed or outside if a companion pet and as shes on her own she needs lots of human contact.Have nothing against outside bunnies but B is part of the family and in the home with her family is where she belongs.She goes to my friends now and her cage is in her lounge and out when my friend is in.

That's terrible. I always ask if bunnies are indoor or outdoor. For that reason I can only have one or one pair of house rabbits at a time. I always have a check list for each rabbit because no matter how trivial it may seem each rabbit has different needs whether it's inside or out.
I know I'd worry if I had to leave mine anywhere !
I always ask people to come and have a look first before they decide and apart from hutches I use for guineas (if they're not indoors ) they are 5 or 6 foot.
Make sure you can ask as many questions as you need and that you don't feel embarrassed doing so. If necessary take a list with you incase you forget something Good luck :D

There's a relatively new one opened near us and they are charging £6.75 a day for a single rabbit in a wait for it......4ft hutch with no run!!!!!!:shock:

I charge £3 per day for singles, and £5 per day for pairs.

no hutches have runs connected but all bunnies get excercise from 8am until dark every day :D

That's terrible. I always ask if bunnies are indoor or outdoor. For that reason I can only have one or one pair of house rabbits at a time. I always have a check list for each rabbit because no matter how trivial it may seem each rabbit has different needs whether it's inside or out.

I'm interested in this as Bertie is a house bun, but his boardings are outdoors. He does have acces to the balcony here and spends a lot of time out there. We can't (and wouldn't) place him there between October and April, but he does stay each year, and has shown no signs of any distress or health problems as a result.
I was initially a bit concerned about it, but both the quality of care and bunny savviness of the boarder give me greater peace of mind than wether he's in or out. I obviously understand each bun is different and does have different needs, but this has worked so far for ours :)

all our boarding is outdoors btu we have a an outhouse is like 5 foot sqaured, like a walk in wardrobe type thing, which is carpetted, and has a dog crate. and we still board bunnies or piggie sin there at the same rate and they have the whole thing to themselves.

this is my set up for a hour rabbit

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0008Small.jpg

and we heat it if required aswell, and housebunnies seem to like it!

I suppose it all depends on what people expect from boarding. If someone wants their rabbit to be indoors with human company and all the usual goings on in a household ( tv radio etc) then I'm lucky enough to be able to provide that. Maybe when (if ) my house ever gets finished and I have 'posh' carpet :lol: :lol: I may not be able to provide 'free range' boarding .......Like that's ever going to happen :lol: :lol:
Just ask suzynic :lol: :lol:

I board housebuns and they have the run of the house :D They have their 'base' in the kitchen where the food, littertray and toys are and the rest of the house is theirs to explore. If they are serious chewers the kitchen is bunnyproof with no wires so they are locked in there when unsupervised and thats about 20 x 5 ft floor space.
I also board outdoor buns and they have a 6 x 4ft shed which I kit out with half carpet tiles and half a huge bed of straw and litter tray and bowls and fun things and they are in a run each day unless the weather is awful so then I have the sheds internal wire door locked with the main door open.

I charge £10 per night per pair but I do supply everything and I buy all the expensive feeds, herbs, straw and hay and make my own toys for them :lol: Most owners are cross with me because their buns sulk when they go home :oops: :lol:
I also clip their nails included in price and give them a general MOT :lol:

I board housebuns and they have the run of the house :D They have their 'base' in the kitchen where the food, littertray and toys are and the rest of the house is theirs to explore. If they are serious chewers the kitchen is bunnyproof with no wires so they are locked in there when unsupervised and thats about 20 x 5 ft floor space.
I also board outdoor buns and they have a 6 x 4ft shed which I kit out with half carpet tiles and half a huge bed of straw and litter tray and bowls and fun things and they are in a run each day unless the weather is awful so then I have the sheds internal wire door locked with the main door open.

I charge £10 per night per pair but I do supply everything and I buy all the expensive feeds, herbs, straw and hay and make my own toys for them :lol: Most owners are cross with me because their buns sulk when they go home :oops: :lol:
I also clip their nails included in price and give them a general MOT :lol:

And the address is the Rabbit Ritz, Park lane ? Never mind Bertie, can I come and stay :lol:

Back