• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whats happened?!?! U/D pebbles injured/pics

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
oh im just having the worst day, (see gen chat) and ive just found domino and pebbles fighting like mad, there is fur EVERYWHERE shes missing huge chunks!

Ive put domino away and pebbles is hiding in a box in the run still.

they never fight :(:(

Last edited:
it was before that :(

im going to put her back in the hutch and hope it was just something in the air that caused it...im going to keep an eye on them

Maybe one tried humping the other? Sometimes mine try mounting for no real reason and then the other one gets fed up with it and a chase starts. Sometimes fur pulling happens then.
Is there skin in the fur clumps? It's easier to look in the fur than on the bunny I've noticed!(although obviously other bites wouldn't show) It gives you a heads up on whether there are injuries and to which one.

no injuries. ive just put them back together and domino was hidden in a big ball of hay in the hutch, i put pebbls in and she ran into the hay ball aswell and there are sitting grooming each other!

i think an hour away from each made them miss each other:lol:

Mine have been fighting too :? but only when put in the run on the grass which is only occasionally. It is Connie chasing Dillon but she actually broke his skin on his bum the other day with her teeth, he now has a scab and bald patches. Really worrying isn't it but they seem fine most of the time.

just gone to check on them and i notice pebbles is shaking, i checked her over again and couldnt find anything, told my dad and he said check again, and shes her, at the back on he rneck where he ears are, hes taking a layer of skin off :( :( :(
one of my holidayboarders is unneutured and i think the smell caused them to fight, which means i am now moving my bunnies into the workshop as planned, although probably not as a group as i think i am too worried something like this would happen, shows how angry domino can get.

im going to get a photo :(

Picture001.jpg

heres my girl

you cant see it because its at the fold of her neck, but when u pasrt the fu ryou see this

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg
and if u gently pull the fur around it itlooks like this

now... it isnt as bad it looks, on close inspection the top layer of skin has been pulled off but there is no blood.

i have called the vets and they open for appointments at 2, but theres a nurse there now ebcause of a surgery going on and she says they have no appointments until monday morning.

Its like a scratch but a wide one, is there anything over the counter i can get her until monday morning?

Awww Sarah, SO sorry to hear that they are fighting. :cry: I really hope that Pebbles is going to be okay. I think there is a good chance that you may be right about the unneutered boarder causing the problem. Some of my buns are fine with it, but others get really wound up if they are close to an unneutered bun. I hope the quarrel dies down and they go back to being their usual loved up selves very soon! :D

its not bad as such, its wide... but its just the first layer of skin missing.

the vet has called me back and said that he would recommend hiby scrub on the wound if there is no blood, and he said he trusts that if there was i would bring her in.

so i am buying 100ml of hibby scrub for £2.10, just going to get it now.

and should be taking her monday for a check up etc.

not what i need today :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Hi,

Looks like where the fur has been pulled out. Bathe with salt water 1 teaspoon to a pint to keeep any infection away.

Hope she is feeling better soon.

Maureen

The salt water mix worked for Dylan when he decided to jump into Arthur run.
The cut was very similar but a few weeks later you can't tell where it was.

nawty bunnies giving mummy a heart attack :no:

P.s. she is the image of my Dylan! :love:

Sorry totally unrelated but is her head square-ish like a Bull Terrier? Dylan's is and he reminds me of the dog out of Oliver Twist :lol:

Back