• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone have a small garden?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have a small garden & outdoor bunnies? We've recently decided on the house we're going to buy, and the only thing we're slightly concerned about is the garden - Its minute :shock: The rabbits are used to a fairly big garden & loads of free time in it, but tbh Im not going to be around the same soon to keep my eye on them; so they would still be caged where-ever we lived. There is an alternative to them living at that house, but Im undecided. They are more than likely going to have a few hours as often as I can manage in a big/ish (?) garden. Does anyone have any photos or ideas for two bunsters & a tiny garden? X

Hi, we only have a balcony, but it's all that Bertie has known. Is the garden lawned or not?
We've put planters with grass and herbs on the balcony, and also 2 lavender plants :)
b51web.jpg

When I had a small garden, I didn't find the lack of space was the biggest problem, it was the fact that the garden was south facing and got very hot in summer, so I could only put the hutches/runs on the most shaded side.

I have a tiny back yard hun, with no grass and an outhouse. In that I keep 5 buns and 2 piggies. I really don't think you need to worry too much. Mine adapted from a big garden with lots of grass, to this. I have to alternate exercise time, but you won't have that problem. You seriously do not need to worry..........:D

I don't know if you'd class my garden as small lol, but it's very narrow, I have 3 rabbits and 4 guinea pigs out there and 3 sheds and 3 hutches (some unused) we have no lawn so they get plenty of hay and i grow tubs of grass for them

My garden isn't that big I have 3 sheds with one enclosure a childrens climbing frame & a decking area. . I find it just ideal for the buns they have enough room to run and binky around and was ideal to bunny proof will get pics later to give you an idea.

When I had 2 outside in my tiny garden, I just made sure they had a really bag hutch and run combo that took up the entire patio. When they used to go out on the grass they were in a smaller run than they were in throughout the day.

It isn't ideal though - I'd like a slightly bigger garden.

Does anyone have a small garden & outdoor bunnies? We've recently decided on the house we're going to buy, and the only thing we're slightly concerned about is the garden - Its minute :shock: The rabbits are used to a fairly big garden & loads of free time in it, but tbh Im not going to be around the same soon to keep my eye on them; so they would still be caged where-ever we lived. There is an alternative to them living at that house, but Im undecided. They are more than likely going to have a few hours as often as I can manage in a big/ish (?) garden. Does anyone have any photos or ideas for two bunsters & a tiny garden? X

Hi, we have a tiny garden and it homes, a playhouse, a 10ft run with hutches and 5 hutches, in total 9bunnies. It is hard work as free roaming about time is limited, but we generally get 3/4 out at a time. 2 in runs, 1 round the garden and 1 enclosed off (hard to explain).

If we manage im sure you can!!!

xx

This was my garden from my old two bedroomed terrace house which was quite small (looks bigger from this angle) and it was fine. I actually preferred it to our larger garden now, was easier to rabbit proof and you could spot them easily.

LianspetsMay2005018.jpg

Thanks for replies :D When I say tiny, I do mean tiny - It's going to be a squash to get a HappyHutch combo in, but could be done. As I say, there is an alternative so if I decide after however long that it isn't working for them then it isn't the end of the world.

Here's my patio when I had the Happy Hutch combo (including run extension) in it:

Newhutchside.jpg

the patio wasn't much wider than that, if you can picture the back door of the house being just in front of the hutch! Then there is just a small patch of grass, which is behind the patio. I have room for a couple of runs - one medium sized, and a small one for the piggies.

My garden's small & I couldn't find anyway of having a hutch with a run attached without it being in the way. In the end I put them either side of a path with a small tunnel made out of a large plastic pipe in between. If either of them get stuck in the tunnel I'll have to take the tunnel out but it shouldn't be too difficult.

DSC00365.jpg

Of course, having put the hutch, tunnel & run into the garden they now spend most of the time in the house & only go in the hutch if I have visitors staying overnight or my neighbours are looking after them when I'm away :lol::lol::lol:

Back