• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yorkshire terriers?

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
my nans yorkie is now 9 1/2 yrs weve noticed these hard lump spots on her skin one seemds to be bit bigger, when my auntie had a dog he had one on his head and had it removed what are they and why do the develop? is it just what doggies get as they age?

I wouldn't worry too much about these. Lots of dogs get 'fatty lumps' as they get older, my girl is 9 too and she's just got her first two. They are usually nothing to worry about, and vary in size.

If you are worried though, ask your vet if he'll have a look. Most will do bloodtests just to check for any signs of cancer, but I would say most of the time, they are just harmless cysts.

It sounds like warts to me. We've had a few of them removed on our dog (as they were round the mouth) but anymore we'll be leaving now. Our vet said it was just age.

Back