• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found rabbit in my porch!

wiggie

Alpha Buck
I took the kids to school this morning and when I came back I found a rabbit in my porch:shock:. The door is usually open and someone had put down newspaper and a bowl of water. He was very friendly if a little scared and I recognised him as belonging to the family whose garden is opposite ours. It turned out that one of my neighbours had found him hopping accross the road:shock:, knew we had rabbits and thought he was one of ours so brought him back. The owner gives him the run of the garden for a short time each day without supervision and he has escaped more than once. I commented on the fact that my OH has built good size runs for ours that they can't escape from and pointed out that a friend down the road had a fox in her garden the other day. I didn't want to appear to be preaching to him but couldn't say nothing. I guess only time will tell if they sort something out. He's otherwise well cared for and seems very much part of the family.
It was unexpected finding him there but thank goodness the neighbour found him before anything horrible happened.
x

Blimey. Lucky bunny to have been found by your other neighbour and brought to you. At least he was safe for the time being.

It's so hard isn't it when you try and get your message across and people don't listen. Like bashing your head on a brick wall. Sad thing is that if the people across the road don't listen to your advice, their little bun might not make the next road crossing in one piece.

Good on you for trying to educate them at least.:D

Helen

I think its great that you have a reputation you do regarding bunnies otherwise you neighbour might not have known what to do with the bun, or even worse just left it to hop about, you obviously know what you are talking about, I really feel for you, as I dont think I could have given that bunny back, I cant abid irresponsible bunny owners, granted Ive only had mine for a short space of time (a year), but Ive come to realise that they deserve to be loved, respected and absolutely spoilt (within calorific reason). I think if they didnt improve their security for the little mite, even though he may be well feed etc, i'd be doing a midnight raid and kidnapping the little twitchy and sneaking him away. But Im sure with you keeping an eye out he will have a guardian angel watching over him.

mine are out in the garden loose and have excaped on 2 occasions its not because i neglect them just that they were sneaky and naughty and mischieviious!!!! anyhow i managed to get the fencing sorted and there is concrete round the edge of garden to stop digging out and they in a run attatched to hutch wen im not in so hopefully these people will get it soon! im sure its out of love for the buns to have freedom not because of neglect xx

Back