• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with litter training please .

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Lola has a high backed litter tray in her cage and is using it to wee in - however when she is out in the front room she wees on the sofa and its ruining it.

How can I get her to use the litter tray more? Should I just put her in there every ten minutes - how often do rabbits wee?

Can anyone offer any help, advice or point me in the right direction? I really appreciate your help.

Andrea x

Can you put a litter tray on the settee where she wees? I had the same problem with Bella - and then Tarquin - both liking the same spot on the bed to wee :shock: (I do cover it with an old duvet and loads of old towels so the bed is well protected). I put a litter tray there which they both used, and then moved the litter tray onto the floor, which they now both use (though admittedly they do still occasionally like to have a wee in their spot on the bed :roll:).

Hiya :)

You could make sure she doesn't jump on the sofa if it's becoming a real problem. Use white vinegar to clean stains and they shouldn't go in that spot again. I would make the poo tray easily accessible when she's out and put any stray poo's in the tray.

Bunnies will wee anywhere really, if it's convenient to them :)

Also, you could try rabbit clicker training, e.g. click and treat when they've done a poo in the right place :D

Back