• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from the vets...

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
We saw a new vet today (who i am not too sure of, she made the assumption that I kept Blitzen in a small hutch and didn't give him exercise :evil: but she seemed sorry and happy when we said he lives in a wendy house and run :D )
Anyway, she found it odd that he was still eating but still losing weight so she had a feel round his stomach but couldn't feel any waste and also she couldn't find his testicles :shock: I've seen them before and she felt around his abdomen and tried to bring them down but couldn't find any :? :lol:
anyway, she said that the bacteria in his stomach may of broken down and isn't digesting his food effectivley, she's worried about how quickly he lost weight.
She gave me a 5 day course of probiotics to mix with his food and he needs to go back on Monday, if he's no better he'll have bloods and x-rays done.
I also need to feed him until he stops eating to see how much he actually eats before he is full. She weighed him so we can monitor his weight aswell.

thanks, today he has had a carrot and two cabbage leaves beacuse the vet told me to feed him lots of carrots and greens.
He has eaten half a bowl of soaked pellets with his probiotic in.

Back