• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squeaky Bunny

Keyzzee

Warren Scout
Hi, my little bunny fudge who is female unspayed who is 5 and half months old, has pretty much uttered the odd squeak from quite an early age, usually when Im trying to get her out of the run or put her too bed, to tell me she's annoyed etc..... I keep her and her husbun who is neutered in my utility room and then put their hutch outside on a morning as Im scared about foxes, them getting cold etc etc. All was fine this morning, the usual nose bumps and licks etc, ate her breakfast and what not with the usual gusto, however, came home from work tonight and went out to see them and give them their tea, as soon as I approached the hutch I could hear her squeaky softly, I put their bowl in and she ate immediately she let me stroke her nose, but got really agitated and ran off squeaking loudly. I left her alone for a little while and went back as soon as I put my hand in the hutch she started squeaking again and running up and down the length of the hutch, when busta went anywhere near her she squeaked even louder, she let me stroke her entire length but still squeaking, I decided to put them in the run so I can see her run about to see if she's hurt her leg or something, as soon as I put her in she was binking about all over. Has anyone got any suggestions what may be the problem or is she just being a moody bun. I held her whilst my husband checked her over and cant see any obvious signs of injury, Im just at a complete loss:?

sounds like hormones starting to kick in - Rosie came to me as a foster prior to neutering and she used to emit little squeaky grunts, stomp her feet and occasionally box if anyone ventured into her space - As she was the same size as my hand you just had to laugh. Sounds like time to take her to be neutered. It's better for her in the long run as it will stop phantom pregnancies and reduce her risk of getting uterine cancer. It will also make her hubbies life easier otherwise he might be in for a lifetime of being humped.

I have the same problem with my lion head rabbit Poppy, she is so noisey im not convinced I have not been sold a guinea pig instead of a rabbit.

Thanks guys, bunnies are such a worry but its a reassurance that others have experienced the same thing. I havent kept bunnies since I was child and like most kids mom and dad took care of bunnies health etc, and therefore, Im now a paranoid bunny mommy, cant bear the thought of them being in pain etc. I originally only had two buns, tutti and fruitti like many stories, I was told by the farm I bought them from (please believe me its a really good set up, we went to see them before we bought them, and they didnt leave mum until well after they were old enough and they dont breed loads etc), that they were both girls, even my own vet told me that they were both girls, unfortunately 7 months later I had 5 additions, I found a very good home for two buns, but I wasnt happy with others who came forward, who didnt seem clued up and felt I had a responsibility to these little ones, so after a lot of persuading my husband agreed I could keep the other three (Fudge, Busta & Smudge) to ensure that they were looked after to the best of my ability. Unfortunately Smudge one of my little boys crossed over to the bridge following his neutering op which was approx 8 weeks ago, since then Ive been even more paranoid about the others. It was so hard losing Smudge, I couldnt bare it too lose any of others before their time. Thanks very much for responding to my thread it really is much appreciated.

sounds like hormones starting to kick in - Rosie came to me as a foster prior to neutering and she used to emit little squeaky grunts, stomp her feet and occasionally box if anyone ventured into her space - As she was the same size as my hand you just had to laugh. Sounds like time to take her to be neutered. It's better for her in the long run as it will stop phantom pregnancies and reduce her risk of getting uterine cancer. It will also make her hubbies life easier otherwise he might be in for a lifetime of being humped.

I do aim to get her neutered, I was just waiting for her to get a little bit bigger, as she's quite a small bun, much smaller than her brother. But your right about the humping, she gives poor busta a ring seeing to. Im always having to intervene. Thankfully he can run faster than she can.:roll:

Back