• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm in the dog house

binkacat

Young Bun
Have broke the news to DH that we're getting rabbits at teh weekend - he was ok about that. He's not so happy that I've dug up a 6x6 patch of the garden and put wire underneath the turf so once they've got used to grass the run can go on this bit.

Infact I think he's very unhappy about his lawn!

He wanted to know why I can't "just keep them in a hutch like everyone else" :roll:

He think's a 6x6 run is excessive. Haven't told him yet that its actually 8x6 - but the hutch will be covering 2' of it so I didn't dig that bit up. Oh and I've realised that the run won't fit into the garden unless the neighbours agree that we can come in via their garden and lift the fence up. They're out at the minute I am praying they say its ok. I think they're fed up with all my noisy chickens though!

Im always doing things like that, such as telling nick i hve no money and then spending £30 on Hay experts!!

He's been in the garden trying to level it off and is now stomping round the house muttering about "The Somme" and "trenches". :D I'm keeping a low profile and think I will have to slope off down the pub.

He's been in the garden trying to level it off and is now stomping round the house muttering about "The Somme" and "trenches". :D I'm keeping a low profile and think I will have to slope off down the pub.

Lol i love it when they mutter!!!!

xx

Ha ha - this all sounds very familiar. I think husbands just like to make a huge fuss over nothing. I spent the weekend doing something very similar i.e. attaching a run to a shed, underwiring it, turfing over the top. Hubby just came home and said "the grass will never grow in there" and stomped off! He hasn't seen the four huge sacks of megazorb in the shed yet.......that should be an interesting conversation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cant wait to see pics of your buns when they arrive! You must be sooooo excited! :D x

I'm very excited. Just about had a heart attack yesterday when my 7yo told me she would rather have floppy eared rabbits than sticky up ear rabbits. The ones we're getting are sticky up ear ones. So I gave her a firm talking to about how these rabbits know we're coming to get them and we can't let them down and anyway floppy eared rabbits can get poorly teeth which cost a lot down the vet :D So she then decided the ones we're getting are OK. Good job really as I wasn't changing my mind!

Still not spoken to the neighbour.....

Back