• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can rabbits drink?

anything esle may be bad for their teeth, or make them fat, and if they liked it prob wudnt want to go bk to water... id stick with fresh water every day, they will never tire of it....

Hi
Fudge has the water that the veggies are cooked in-I don't add salt when cooking and he absolutely loves it!

He is also partial to a little bit of herbal tea-peppermint, nettle, you name it! the teas he seems to prefer warm!

Smudge hasn't been drinking water and I got worried so added pineapple juice to the water and now he is drinking.

B has diluted pineapple juice or apple cider vinegar in her water when she has cystitis.Its acidic which is good for the urine and also it encourages her to drink more which is good for flushing out her bladder when shes having problems.:)

Holly also had cold camomile tea when stressed.I only put flavourings in drinks for health reasons otherwise their teeth will rot.Once a particular problem is resolved[like B's cystitis]they go back on water again.

mine have a syringe of tomato juice for potassium if they aren't feeling well and they have pineapple juice if they are moulting, but for anything else i'd stick with water

I've given cranberry juice when we potentially had cystitis. I quite like the veggi juice idea.

I've never thought about giving them something else, all my bunnies have ever had has been water! I do like the veggie 'juice' idea though.

fduge doesnt seem to have any issues apart from not wanting to drink plain water as a baby bunster hence the veggie water bit....he doesnt have sugary stuff or anything like that and never add sweetner to anything he has....

Back