• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bar chewing.... help!

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
I just wondered if anyone has any advice on how to stop my buns chewing the bars of their run. They are house buns and have a large pen attached to their cage but they still keep chewing the bars. It's driving us mad as it reverberates around the whole house (you know what new houses are like for sound proofing!). Anyway, I just wondered if anyone has any tips on how to stop them doing it please?

yes, my fear is that ours are just attention seeking too....ours have lots of toys to chew and things to do so there is no chance they are bored... anyone with ideas would be gratefully received! :roll:

Hiya:wave::wave::wave: Try loads of willow for them to chew, apple branches, etc, Barney used to drive us mad chewing the bars when he was a house bunny, but found it was a boardem thing, even cutting up toilet roll insides and kitchen roll ones and hooking them over the bars to stop them.
Hope this help

Alixxxxxx

Back