• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos of Open Day (Photo Heavy but small photos so light on memory )

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Here it all was before the hoards descended! Every year we mean to take loads while all the people are here - but we get swept off our feet with talking and making tea and watching rabbits don't get loose etc etc!! So you will just have to believe me that in the 48 hours after these photos 130 people passed through!!!! (and ate ALL of the cakes!!) and walked into the runs and tried to stroke rabbits (who slept through it all).

PS to make sense of them you go from the entrance, to the patio, then the upper lawn (with runs on the right - not in picture), then flower beds/borders and pond. then lower lawn then secret garden (mess!!).

Oh yes . . . and there were rabbits (12) and a tortoise as well - but that would be more photos!!!!

entrance.jpg

patio.jpg

upperlawn.jpg

flowerbordersfrompond.jpg

flowerbeds.jpg

flowerbeds.jpg

flowerborders.jpg

viewback.jpg

hiddengarden.jpg

Last edited:
Oh that looks lovely! I am glad lots of people turned up :D

We tried to make it but were at the rescue till 4pm and my partner's hayfever kicked in bless him, so it was home for a Piriton and dinner.

Aww it looks so lovely, I would love to try and come next year :)

Well done on the money raised, I think it was a really great amount considering the credit crunch :D

My OH would have loved to have seen the tortoise, is he a regular attraction? :lol:

Back