• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Notts. folk heard of this rescue?

Sounds like they do all the right things in the advert.. I'd keep an eye out for their under construction website :)

I think rescues are now hitting the free ads in a new strategy to ensure bunnies don't end up in unscrupulous hands and also to tell people that they exist if people want to rehome.

Perhaps someone with a Preloved account could contact them to make them aware of RU, if they're not already? Would be nice to welcome another rescue and may help them out with their rehoming/fundraising etc :)

I don't know of them, I guess they must be quite new offering to take rabbits in, but not advertising people to rehome ones they already have!
There is a real problem in Nottinghamshire with unwanted rabbits...kirkby have over 80. :(

Sadly I think the problem is now nationwide..if I took in all the ones I'm offered we'd be over 100 at all times:cry:
Will be nice to have another one near to us:D

Could pre love and free ads be a place where people could say bring me your unwanted rabbits and use them for training greyhounds or dog baiting for example.

Could pre love and free ads be a place where people could say bring me your unwanted rabbits and use them for training greyhounds or dog baiting for example.

I've heard in the reptile 'community' that several 'rescues' will advertise for snakes etc and then sell them on. Obviously rabbits aren't such a money maker but there are definately people with false agendas.
It's a bit hard - a genuine rescue probably wouldn't want to advertise solely for incoming rabbits, but maybe they don't want to come across too preachy by "advertising" the rescue, just figured they'd offer an alternative to rehoming via freeads?

Yes, I'm sure it's possible, but I doubt they'd ask for hutches and other rabbity stuff tho'.

We'll have to wait for the website :)

It doesn't have the name on the link, but I know all the rabbit rescues in Notts, and it's definitely not one of those...so must be a newbie that I've never heard of.

I hope I can solve the mystery!

Hello all,

I was so pleased to find this website, someone kindly mailed me asking if I had heard of 'RU' after some searching I discovered this forum.

I then managed to find a link to my own advert by typing in Nottingham!

Firstly please let me assure you that I am very much genuine, and certainly not fueling any hungry reptiles! I did try and post a link to a small website that I am building in the preloved advert but the admin people would not allow it. Here is the link for the website that is still very much under construction! http://www.webjam.com/thumperandbigboo

I am indeed a newbie, I have always had rabbits of my own, although never more than two at a time. Three months ago I happened to stumble across an advert for a unwanted bunny whilst looking for a new hutch. The advert touched me and the photo broke my heart. I immediately phoned them and they dropped the little fella off about an hour later as they were so desperate to get rid of him.

After that I started keeping an eye out for more adverts and was horrified by how many unwanted bunnies there were out there. Slowly I have purchased more hutches and runs and made the garden escape proof. By no means am I "Big time" I only have 4 single and 1 double story outdoor hutches and two indoor ones. I met with my vet before hand to have a really good chat and see if this was something that I could manage. I fund everything myself but hope to do some fundraising/awareness next summer. I am very much an animal lover and my two boys adore helping every day. We have 1 rabbit friendly dog, 3 cats, 2 hamsters and currently three rabbits.

I manages to re-home my third and fourth rabbit this week which I was delighted about, they went to a lovely home where there were goats in the garden.

I would love to get to know you all, I am by the city hospital and currently have three empty hutches so if I can be of any help to someone nearby please do get in touch.

Will add photos of my current three shortly (Tulip, Tinkerbell & Lightening) as soon as it stops raining and they come out from hiding under the bush!

Jazz.

Back