• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blitzen to the vets again help please

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: He is going to the vet again today :( I feel so sorry for him, he just never seems well :( over the last two days his weight has just 'fell off' he is eating, drinking, pooing, weeing normally, I just can't see what's wrong :(
Is there anything I can do to help him get weight on? I have raised his amount of pellets to a small hand full twice a day instead of once a day.

Is he definitely getting the food? It's not being eaten by anyone else? If not you could try a small bowl of porridge every day for a few weeks to get his weight up.

I've been doing that with Dougal because he's a bag of bones since his stasis. I pour boiling water on the porridge oats and add dried basil and leave it to get cold or warm.
I stir it up so its still got a bit of water in it. Dougal loves it and gets it all over his face! :lol:

You need to find the cause for weightloss, healthy animals won't just lose weight if their diet hasn't changed. If anything, they'd be putting weight on if fed the same as they were over winter, as the warmer weather means they burn less energy keeping warm.

I will find the cause when we get to the vets.
He lives alone so gets all the food, he eats fine just is very skinny, i can feel his bones really easily :(
He doesn't like poridge :oops:

deffinatly get his teeth checked hun, Crystal seemedtobe eating,drinking, pooping and acting normal but she appeared thin a vet check confirmed dental problems. also is he wormed?

Back