• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We'z not vermin-Now with more photos:)

Im TWEEK!
100_8992.jpg

I have 5 sisters who live with me called Varenne, Iena, Alma, Elysse and Lorette

I cant believe some people trap us and kill us when they dont need to!

Hello!
Shy now:oops:

Last edited:
Glad to here it! And thanx:oops: :Dhehe. Heres one of my sisters, Lorette. Shes the bravest and brings food back to the den for us, because its all quite strange and new out there
100_8983.jpg

:love: It's a cow mouse! :lol:
Not to nitpick but are those softwood shavings? Meece are prone to respiratory problems like rats so shavings can be a bit dusty. To be honest I avoid woodshavings altogether for any animal as there are studies that show they affect the liver, and although there's nothing solid to say they cause liver damage/respiratory damage, there's enough doubt and plenty of alternative beddings for me to not want to risk it.

Not to nitpick but are those softwood shavings? Meece are prone to respiratory problems like rats so shavings can be a bit dusty. To be honest I avoid woodshavings altogether for any animal as there are studies that show they affect the liver, and although there's nothing solid to say they cause liver damage/respiratory damage, there's enough doubt and plenty of alternative beddings for me to not want to risk it.

:lol: Theyre all cow mice, its going to take us forever to learn to tell them apart. Although 2 have brown patches. Yes we know about the shavings, that was just their little travel box and we were staying at my mums so had nothing else. Theyre still on it now but seem fine, next time we clean were probably going to get something different down. Thanx:wave:
I did keep mice as a child and didnt know any better and had them on shavings...luckily they all lived to be about 2 or 3 and just didnt seem to want to go! :lol: Thought wed get some back, i missed them

Last edited:

I keep meaning to ask someone, and keep forgetting............my daughter just got 2 rats, and we knew not to keep them on wood shavings - but wanted to ask someone if it is okay to keep them on Megazorb?????

Your meece are GORGEOUS!!!!! :love: I used to keep mice, I just love them......they have SUCH great little characters! :D :D

I keep meaning to ask someone, and keep forgetting............my daughter just got 2 rats, and we knew not to keep them on wood shavings - but wanted to ask someone if it is okay to keep them on Megazorb?????

Your meece are GORGEOUS!!!!! :love: I used to keep mice, I just love them......they have SUCH great little characters! :D :D

Megazorb is fine, I used to find it had a horrible musty smell but have been told it's changed since and is OK. As long as it's not too dusty though - I used to move it between two big tins outside, so each time I tipped it out, any bits of dust would fly out into the air rather than settle in the bedding.
www.fancy-rats.co.uk/community is useful if you've not seen it already :)

We were thinking about megazorb so thanx for the info:)

And thanx everyone! The atmosphere in the house has been dreadful since Sun left us, and we desperately needed some happy company...Scott is finally back at work today so i think theyve done the trick and made us a little brighter. Have been wanting some more for ages...Theyre all SO sweet, although i think i may have a secret favourite, a little brown and white with red eyes called Elysse. Ill try and get a photo later:)

I keep rats and use Bio-catlet and/or carefresh.

Back