• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The inside of Bernie, Minnie's ears, teeth (warning: some said photos are gross)

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
The following photo is taken today. They are the inside of Bernie's, and Minnie's ears and teeth:

Bernie's Ear--You can see this furball needs to clean his ear, as he has wax in his ear

bernieearjun15200801py4.jpg

bernieearjun15200802dk4.jpg

bernieearjun15200805gf8.jpg

bernieearjun15200807vl6.jpg

The inside of Minnie's ear, you can see her ear is much cleaner, just a bit of wax, but there is a piece of small black dot inside

minnieearjun15200801pu2.jpg

minnieearjun15200803ox7.jpg

minnieearjun15200804qt2.jpg

minnieearjun15200807vn0.jpg

minnieearjun15200809fw7.jpg

minnieearjun15200811gv9.jpg

The inside of Minnie's teeth, you can see someone is busy
eating some green:

minnieteethjun15200805sp2.jpg

In this photo, the camera capture a bubble formed by her saliva

minnieteethjun15200801ur0.jpg

minnieteethjun15200802or4.jpg

minnieteethjun15200805vs0.jpg

minnieteethjun15200807wr2.jpg

minnieteethjun15200808vp9.jpg

So from now on, I'll inspect their teeth and ears once a mth. and keep a digital photo list of the record. This is a lot easier than going to the vet and let them do it, while the buns keep struggling against the vet's inspection.

Last edited:
I bought the Welch Allyn Digital Marco Otoscope, that's why all the photo has a circle on the outside. The otoscope c/w a very bright light, and a magnifying view.

The otoscope is connected to the USB port to my computer, and each time I press the button, the photo is sent from the otoscope to the computer.

They mis-advertise the scope's resolution, I have the vet. ver of it and they said it c/w 1280x1024, but now they apologize as it only c/w 640x512, and I switch to the human ver., which works well and truly at 1280x1024

It's very useful as I don't want a lot of grease in my bunny's ear, nor do I want to see molar in my bunny's teeth. Now, one visit to my vet to check teeth is $90, so in med-run, if I have to send my bunnies to check teeth often, the money paid for itself for the price of the otoscope.

No, I think it's some sort of dirt, it doesn't look attach on the ear. The trick is to get it out while I'm viewing w/ the scope or just use Q-tip after. I got some wax out of Bernie already. This is a great tool, it eliminate any guess work.

I don't go to this section often. No, it's not a spur. But I do check once every 1.5 mth. or so. I check ear and month on 2 separate date along w/ nail trim on yet another date, so in mid-May when I check them, I'll see if I can find anything new.

Bernie and Minnie can't believe you posted a picture of their ear wax on the internet :lol:

Rabswood

Back