• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Babies having babies

Lucy

Warren Veteran
I feel very sad today. We took some neglected rabbits in which I mentioned before. Out of the 2 six month olds one has now had a litter of 5 babies and other is nesting. Of the 2 female 3 month olds, their fosterer found a litter today with 2 babies but their eyes are open so they are not new. The vet though the other was pregnant but not the one that gave birth (that would be because she'd already had them). The fosterer hadn't noticed them, we were trying to be positive they were too young so I guess she never imaged they would have already given birth!

I am feeding all this back to the inspector who took them. The mom and dad are still there, she had recently killed a litter as there was barely enough room for the ones in the hutch as it was. She must be having another if she hasn't already as they hadn't bothered to separate them. However, I have no doubt they wouldn't give a rats ass how much trouble they have caused us or the effects on the rabbits. Hopefully, the Inspector will be able to go back and take the others soon :cry:

That is so sad. :( Where did the bunny that's with your fosterer hide the litter? Good thing she found them and did not dump them accidentally when she cleaned the hutch. :shock:

Poor bunnies.:cry: It makes me mad when people just let it happen & don't seem to realise the mess they are causing other people. :cry:

Not sure where they were, I assume hidden in the bottom of the bedding section. How old are they normally when they open their eyes? That wil be our best way of aging them. They may be anything, could have been Monday or Tuesday when they were born.

I'm so sorry to hear the latest on this story... so many rabbits to find homes for because the owners didn't give a :censored: So much suffering:cry:. At least it will be the last time Tinkerbell and Tilly etc have a litter ...

Is Puddle doing okay, having given birth so soon after her operation?

I'm still weighing up whether or not to get another bun, (recent bereavement) I will try to take one of these poor babes if I decide it's the right decision for me.

Aww thats nice to hear. Puddle had to go back to the vets as she'd pulled her stitches out, thankfully the outside of the wound had healed well up to that point. It just has to be bathed in hibiscrub. She is doing so so well with her babies and she even fed in front of the fosterer! As for the other girl, Smudge, well :lol: she has tried to make a nest but bless her she's not doing as well at it :lol::lol: they have tried to help her as the food bowl probably wasn't the best place to start her nest :lol::lol:

Back