• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok We Tried Bonding..I think This Is Good?

MollyND

Young Bun
Ok so Molly and Mickey went into bathtub and Molly immediately mounted him and started humping him. Mickey didn't fight just kinda sat there and Molly hung on for dear life. Molly jumped off sniffed his ears and Mickey jumped out of tub. This is good? Does this show Molly is dominant rabbit? I'm guessing we do another meeting?

looks like Molly is little miss dominator.

it's good that there was no fighting. i read that it's good to pop something of each others in each others cage so they can smell them and get used to the scent.

:wave:

You really need to try and keep them together for longer than a few minutes when bonding, pick a day when you can spend time with them to be able keep an eye on them. I would personally use the bathroom floor, give them a pile of hay to occupy them and then see what happens.

Leave them together and hopefully they will start to settle and become more comfortable with each other. Once you feel there confident that there is no aggression involved you can then try moving them into Molly's space. You may need to leave them in the bathroom overnight, or for a couple of days. Some lucky people have bunnies that will bond instantly but more often than not bonding is not a quick fix, you need to allow yourself and them some time.

You really need to try and keep them together for longer than a few minutes when bonding, pick a day when you can spend time with them to be able keep an eye on them. I would personally use the bathroom floor, give them a pile of hay to occupy them and then see what happens.

Leave them together and hopefully they will start to settle and become more comfortable with each other. Once you feel there confident that there is no aggression involved you can then try moving them into Molly's space. You may need to leave them in the bathroom overnight, or for a couple of days. Some lucky people have bunnies that will bond instantly but more often than not bonding is not a quick fix, you need to allow yourself and them some time.

I could put them in the bathroom but its pretty small in there. Today would work as i'm home all day.

ETA-Can i still put veggies and stuff in there?

When i bonded i used the bathroom. I put them in at night, with plenty of hay and food.

I had to be around for at least 48hrs...

Once together leave them together unless all hell breaks lose!

Theres a really good thread on here about bonding!

Good luck!

xx

I could put them in the bathroom but its pretty small in there. Today would work as i'm home all day.

Wait until you have a clear 48 hours ahead of you, that way you can start things off and then put them together in their new home. Pre planning is definately worth the effort as it does help you reach goals easier and with less hastle.

Truffle has been with Dandy since about 4pm yesterday,they were outside first and i bought them in last night but they have been together the whole time:)

:wave: hope it's going okay! it'll be fine putting veggies in there.

So i could'nt let them both out in living room?Mickey is out right now and Molly wants to come out,Mickey keeps sniffing her cage.

So i could'nt let them both out in living room?Mickey is out right now and Molly wants to come out,Mickey keeps sniffing her cage.

If the living room is territory that they both normally have access to at different times, you should not. Neutral territory is the key to any bonding. Territory where one or both rabbits have been is not neutral territory.

If you cannot watch them for at least the next day it is inadvisable to put these together as this confuses the buns. Bonding is better done in one session rather than in lots of short periods and then separating them.

If the living room is territory that they both normally have access to at different times, you should not. Neutral territory is the key to any bonding. Territory where one or both rabbits have been is not neutral territory.

If you cannot watch them for at least the next day it is inadvisable to put these together as this confuses the buns. Bonding is better done in one session rather than in lots of short periods and then separating them.

Ok i'm going to have to wait a couple of weeks until we purchase the big cage for the both of them. Molly is trying to get out desperately and they keep touching noses.

Back