• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Jack is Lonely.

Bella

Warren Scout
Jack is not always around me, Hes not a house rabbit just yet as we have dogs downstaires and I don't trust jack hopping around them, So he usually hops around in my room with supervision. He likes the attension but I think he likes the attension of a female rabbit also when I'm not there. I'm getting him neutured soon. Sadly I don't know his age. So I think hes about 10 weeks. When should male rabbits be neutured?

Bella. xx

I think they should be neutered at 6 months. I'm not really sure. If you searched google it would tell you the exact age. Have you tried taking your dogs out to your hutch? My dog is perfectly fine with my rabbit and just acts like he isn't there. My rabbit doesn't really care about my dog either. He'll jump over him and stuff. It all depends on the dog and the rabbit. He is a cocker spaniel and I think they are hunting dogs so it is possible to train your dog. He is only friendly with things in my house lol.

As soon as their bits appear they can be done - it varies from rabbit to rabbit - I had my last male bunny done at around 3.5 months I think - as soon as he started spraying.

Well, One of my dogs is a Lurcher. Shes old and doesn't really care about the rabbit but the other one of my dogs is a Staffie x. She does know where the rabbit is and I think if she got a chance she'd kill him instently and That's what I'm worried about.

Oh dear, better keep Jack well and truly aware from your dog then. The consequences could be horrendous :shock:

Little Jack will just have to make do with your company for now then. I'm sure he'll be fine with that :D Then when he's neutered, maybe you can get him a neutered lady friend to live with, and they'll keep each other company when you arent around.

Back