• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!! Squirrels & Rabbits

:wave: I have 2 cheeky grey squirrels come in the garden to see what food they can pinch. My bunnies don't seem bothered and the squirrels don't seem interested in the buns, just their food.

The only thing I was worried about was if the buns could catch anything from the squirrels :?

Thanks I will go and put my giants back out as they weren't happy about being put back in their shed until I found out:D

Are your bunnies free range in the garden? I have a whole gang of squirrels that come and valdalise my garden. They sometimes walk along the rabbit runs, but I have never seen them get aggressive towards the bunnies. They have a lot of fleas, though.

Hi Kay:wave: I have squirrels in my garden and they are no bother to Lily and Charlie, Lily sometimes chases them if they come too close but they have never been a threat to them, not sure about carrying disease though:?:But we have had Lily 3 years and no problems so far:)

I have a regular squirrel visitor, who shares (steals...) the bird food I put out. Squirrel and bunny pay each other no attention whatsoever, as far as I can see :D

Thanks guys, I can imagine Lilly chasing a squirrel off she is nearly as bad as Jasmine:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Squirrels carry Coccidiosis amongst fleas, ticks and mites so not sure I'd want them anywhere near the buns even if they're not aggressive towards them.

Back