• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding.

Hi Jack:wave:
If you weigh them it should tell you on the side of your food packet how much to give them.

When they stay here they get the bottom of one of those food bowls we use literally just covered of pellet in the morning each (It's about a level tablespoons worth) and loads of hay to munch throughout the day, then they have some veg for supper. HTH:D

hey jack:wave: I don't know if its much help as Lola is big bun with a big appetite. We try to keep her on the lower end of the Conti weight range to ease strain on her muscles etc. She does however have a covering of pellets (the bottom of the bowl like Lynne said) as soon as i wake up and again at 10pm. She only has hay throughout the day and veg in the morning and evening (and sometimes in between:oops: it's hard to resist her begging at the fridge door) She doesn't have as much veg as some bunnies though as it seems to upset her tummy

LOL@Lola begging at the fridge door - I'm suprised she hasn't worked out how to open it yet Kirsty:lol:

she nearly has...we have her carrier against the fridge/freezer so she can reach into the fridge when its open. i was unpacking the shopping the other day and she grabbed a bag of satsumas from the fridge and started running around the house with orange juice dripping down her chin. She was growling when i chased her for them back:roll:

9 out of 10 rabbits say they should be fed constantly and only the nice bits they like. They should have carrots, bananas and apples on demand and be allowed to have seconds if they want.

Howeever, 10 out of 10 vets say that rabbits are greedy little blighters who are always looking starved and on the point of collapse. They only need a little bit of pelleted food, lots and lots of hay and some greens in the evening.

Don't give in to their sad bunny eyes! :lol::lol::lol:

Spoilsports *mutters bunny on reading above*

my lot get fed pellets once a day, a small handful which covers half their bowl (they have big bowls) but at the moment Blitzen gets that twice a day. They get constant hay and water and veg every 2 days.

Mine get about a scant tbsp of pellets a day, a 5" bowl of veg nearly full twice a day, and loads of hay.

I once measured out the recommended amount of food according to the packet, and it was LOADS - like nearly a bowlful :? so i dont take any notice of that.

I once measured out the recommended amount of food according to the packet, and it was LOADS - like nearly a bowlful so i dont take any notice of that.

Yep, agree completely.

For your small/medium rabbit, it should only be a tablespoon's worth of pellets per day according to an article in Rabbiting On awhile back.

my Pebble gets this much food..

(i did have a pic of her bowl.. but i cant find my bluetooth adapter so i can send it to my pc :roll: )

its in a 5" bowl. it just covers the bottom of the bowl.
and its empty by the time i get home from school, around 4ish. She has plenty of hay, which she eats throughout the day. is this enough pellets for her?

Mai xx

9 out of 10 rabbits say they should be fed constantly and only the nice bits they like. They should have carrots, bananas and apples on demand and be allowed to have seconds if they want.

Howeever, 10 out of 10 vets say that rabbits are greedy little blighters who are always looking starved and on the point of collapse. They only need a little bit of pelleted food, lots and lots of hay and some greens in the evening.

Don't give in to their sad bunny eyes! :lol::lol::lol:

Spoilsports *mutters bunny on reading above*

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Back