• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im officially a weirdo at work

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
they all know about my 4 rabbits and think im mad! but yesturday my vet, vet nurse and receptionist all came in for their dinner they were calling me Louise and we were all haveing a conversation (not about pets lol) while i did their drinks and everything when they went to sit down my work mate said who are they i said are their my vets he gave me such a weird look and said for them to know your name and everything you must spend loads in that vets with your rabbits! i swear my work mates think im weirder now!

anyone elses vets know you by your real name, have conversations with you outside of work? i think i must spend far to much time in there! :oops:

LOL,yeah me and my mum got stopped by one of the receptionists in Tescos when we were shopping....mum is in the vets a lot with her puppy and I'm there with my bunnies......I don't see its any different to meeting a friend really!

Better they know who you are and you are taking care of your animals properly!!

As for thinking you're mad I'm sure someof the people I work with think the same...as do some members of my family!

Yep my vets know me & my hubby very well!!! With 11 buns & 4 cats it feels like we're there everyweek - most weeks we are!!! I think we keep our vets going, it costs us that much for vets bills - I dread to think how much we've spent there since getting the buns. Whenever I ring up they usually ask which bun I'm taking in or is it a new one - they've got me completely sussed!!

Everyone at work thinks I'm barking mad, my best friend thinks I need sectioning & my family think I've lost the plot!! But so what at least my babies want for nothing & have a great life.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Luckily for me my closest colleagues are dog/cat/guinea pig lovers so they do get the rabbit obsession thing I've got going on. My brother however refuses to get the idea of rabbits living in the house. He won't budge from his opinion that they should be outside. He won't even try to get to know the bunnies to change his opinion, same with my dad... if they were dogs they would be making a huge fuss of them. My mum however dotes on them and comes to visit them.

Quite reassured that other people spend a lot of time at the vets - I was getting worried that my chosen vet might start to think I was stalking him ... along the lines of 'lets pull the rabbit's claw out so we have an excuse to go to the vets!' I did have a vet's receptionist a few years ago say to me, "You must be mad to spend that much on a fish!" Said fish (a sarsa comet goldfish) would have died without the £38 of antibiotic injections. No I'm not mad thank you - it's everybody else:lol:

Well it's your work colleagues' attitudes that are wrong. If they bought a car from the same garage, would they think it strange that the staff got to know their names? Same with your doctor or your dentist. It's just familiarity, that's all.

We went to my vets wedding:D and we were one of the first people she told that she was pregnant:D

I just wanted to add - it's not me that's the barking mad person, but everyone else - even tho everyone else thinks I've got munchousons by proxy for my buns!!!! (don't know if I've spelt that right!). Never mind there's worse things I could be addicted to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back