• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need ideas for shed convertion

harpo

Warren Scout
we are looking to convert our shed into a new home for our rabbits, any advise and tips would be appreciated.:bunny:

We lined our shed with Xtratherm insulation and then boarded it in. If you have got some spare money to do this it is worth it. In the recent hot weather the shed stayed cool and hopefully in the winter it will have the reverse effect.
Claldding.jpg

The insulation fitted perfectly between the shed uprights.

Lino on the floor makes cleaning easier and wide shelves to hop onto gives more space and bunnies like to be nosey.

You can attach a run so they have permanent access to an outside area.

I think most also make a mesh inner door so the shed door can be left open.

Finally you need to check that the whole thing is fox proof.

Good Luck and pictures please ;)

Maria x

saw some great pictures on the forum last week of a converted playhouse, will definitely use vinyl floor and insulate the shed, we are thinking of attaching the run at shed height (6ft) and making the length about 8ft, would rabbits use a cat flap? :bunny:

They can if you teach them to and I'm told you can get special cat flaps that only let the correct animal in (it reads the microchip) so if your bunnies are chipped thats an extra option.

Maria x

DSC00096.jpg

this is my bunny palace! It has got a 4 foot hutch in if they want to chill in it, a litter tray, windows along the side looking down into the garden, a ramp up to their 'floating mezzanine landing' ! :)lol:) and also stable door. There are inner stable doors too which are meshed, so in the heat i can chut the bottom solid door an just have the mesh one closed, so it lets lots of air in.

They have a run attached onto the side which they get to from the top of the hutch.

Any questions just ask :wave:

we are attaching a run to our shed, our female likes to dig and someone has recommended chicken wire on the floor of the run, as we are laying new turf there - do you think it would be kinder to lay the wire just below the new turf or just lay it on top of the turf just around the edges of the run ? :bunny:

Back