• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Billie the new addition to my house

powab

Warren Scout
As per my post in general chat, for those who haven't seen him, this is Billie the addition to my household after my sister hasn't bothered to give him the life he deserves. :cry::evil:

I think he's lovely :love::love::love:

billie2.jpg

billie.jpg

Any ideas on how to groom his fur?? only he seems to have some matted bits around his neck?

Aww what a cutie pie! I'm sure he'll be very happy with you.:D
I've got a couple of lionheads - I have to trim one of them regularly with round ended scissors. I also comb them through with a pet comb every few days to prevent their fur getting matted. I think I'd be tempted to carefully trim off any matts that you can't get a comb through. It make take a little bit of time for him to get used to you grooming him - mine love it now tho, as it gives us time for cuddles at the same time!

Aww what a cutie pie! I'm sure he'll be very happy with you.:D
I've got a couple of lionheads - I have to trim one of them regularly with round ended scissors. I also comb them through with a pet comb every few days to prevent their fur getting matted. I think I'd be tempted to carefully trim off any matts that you can't get a comb through. It make take a little bit of time for him to get used to you grooming him - mine love it now tho, as it gives us time for cuddles at the same time!

Thanks for your advice, i did think cutting the matted bits out would be best as I really don't think a brush would go through it now. Just hope he doesn't struggle too much!

Fine tooth comb eg a flea comb would be best, brushes don't go through that sort of fluff very well :D

Back