• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phantom pregnancy?

brightspark19

Warren Scout
I have a 2 1/2 year old female marten lop called Elsa who lives with a male rabbit called oscar. Oscar has been neutrered but i adopted elsa from the pah adoption about 7 months ago and they were unsure as to whether she was neutered as they had no paperwork.

She is due to go for a blood test in august to check her hormone levels but as from about 5 o'clock this evening she has been running around the hutch collecting hay in her mouth and just sitting with it in her mouth for the last few hours. I thought maybe she was having a phantom pregnancy and was building a nest but she wont let go of the hay. When i tried to tug a bit out she grunted at me, and shes been trying to 'bonk' oscar constantly

Any ideas and should i be worried by this?

I have a bunny doing the exact same thing this evening, she is booked in to be spayed in 10 days time. So i would guess it is just hormones :D

its natural for her to be angry at you because she doesnt know its a fake pregnancy,as far as she knows its real, let her make a nest becaus eif u destroy it she will be stressed out.

i think once the nest is flat and ignored u can remove it!

xxxxxx

Back