• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Blackpool Rabbit Awareness Week Is Here (pics)

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
It's been running since last Saturday the 7th up to Sunday the 15th.
Maria is holding the fort both weekends from 11am to 4pm and I get there at around 1pm after the Car Boots :roll:. She is doing face-painting, colouring competitions (prizes to be awarded!), rabbit quizzes (general and body language). There are loads of leaflets available (the RWF sent half a ton :shock:), RSPCA's own, and lots of stuff Bunny Mad Lisa sent. Maria also managed to find what she believes is the cheapest hutch/run combo and persuaded the company to send one with a view to selling it this week (pictures below). Our local food merchant (non-livestock selling) is giving away 1kg bags of the pellets we use on production of a voucher (that we give out in a goody bag). We found a couple of Bunny Girl pvc costumes (ears, cuffs and tails) at the car boot Sunday morning and they got snapped up quickly by the staff!

Also the RSPCA are offering free microchipping, free veterinary health checks and best of all, FREE NEUTERING!!!

Name the bunny (a £1 a go)...

RSPCAAwareness007.jpg

The general layout...

RSPCAAwareness001.jpg

RSPCAAwareness002.jpg

RSPCAAwareness003.jpg

More info...

RSPCAAwareness008.jpg

RSPCAAwareness009.jpg

Maria and Andrea, the RSPCA weekend receptionist...

RSPCAAwareness005.jpg

Last weekend's staff...

RSPCAAwareness014.jpg

The hutch with a two litre bottle for perspective...

RSPCAAwareness017.jpg

We'd like to thank everyone who donated pictures, stories, info from their websites, Rallybunny for the Evo pictures, Bunny Mad Lisa for the back issues and info, Jettychops (Stephen and Ally) for keeping us company last Sunday afternoon.

Neil

Last edited:
Why didn't you tell us about this earlier?, I would love to have travelled up and visited

Looks really good and well done for your hard work

Oh I missed it, what a shame, can I have some names for the bunny competition?

Of course you can (thank you) - they all begin with B ! I can't remember them though as the manager did this competition. Boddingtons and Butterworth are two I liked and remember!

It is on again this weekend.

Maria x

Looks great! Hope you get lots of uptake on the freebies!!!

I would come if I were alot closer! :D

Of course you can (thank you) - they all begin with B ! I can't remember them though as the manager did this competition. Boddingtons and Butterworth are two I liked and remember!

It is on again this weekend.

Maria x

Can you lend me £5 please, if you choose 5 names (any) for me and I'll put a fiver in an envelope to you, trouble is you wont get it until Monday, is that OK?

OK - will do! I'll tell you what names you have got tomorrow night!

Thanks again

Maria x

OK, I'll put it in the post first thing in the morning and you should get it on Monday, if all the names begin with B and you have a Betty or a Bumble I'll have those because that's the only 'B' bunnies I have but if not then I will have any, thanks everso much

Good luck and I hope you raise a lot of awareness and money!!:D:D

Only one more day to go and we have given out 59 free neutering vouchers, rehomed (subject to home check) 7 rabbits, microchipped lots of rabbits - more than 59) and given away vouchers for free pellets, health checks and goodie bags.

Maria x

Might come up tomorrow. I got Twinkle and Perry from Blackpool RSPCA. They're fab!! How do you get a free neutering voucher? Just turn up? Or do you adopt a bunny?

:wave:

Might come up tomorrow. I got Twinkle and Perry from Blackpool RSPCA. They're fab!! How do you get a free neutering voucher? Just turn up? Or do you adopt a bunny?

:wave:

Hello :wave:

You must introduce yourself if you do come over! :D

The free microchipping is done on the spot, the neutering is done via vouchers and there are several vets in this area that will accept them, but probably not in your area? :? We could arrange for overnight accommodation at our house if that makes it any easier (you and the bunnies).

Maria x

Back