• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Watched Another Bunny Operation Today -* WARNING A BIT GORY BUT NO PICS !! *

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The Bun was a gorgeous Chinchilla Rex who had a mahoosive abscess on her chin. It was the size of a small tomato :shock:
The weird thing was that it did not appear to be coming from a tooth root :? Christabel managed to get the entire capsule ( and the ton of pus it contained :mrgreen: ) out. The hole left went right through into the Buns mouth !! :shock: :cry: Lots of cheek tissue had to be cut so the poor Bunster is going to need lots of post op' pain relief.

The op' took ages as Christabel had to carefully cut away the abscess capsule without bursting it and without damaging too much muscle which might then effect Buns ability to chew. It was fascinating to watch and seeing the big ball of pus come away leaving nice healthy tissue was very satisfying !!

I really hope the Rexy girlie will recover, she was beautiful :love:

Janex

Suddenly my sarnie seems so much less tasty :mrgreen:

Sounds fascinating stuff, I hope she makes a speedy recovery :)

How fascinating, haven't you got any pictures Jane? would love to see them, hope the bunny makes a good recovery

How fascinating, haven't you got any pictures Jane? would love to see them, hope the bunny makes a good recovery

I didnt take my camera as I only went over to collect some meds !!

Sooz, I was going to have cream cheese for lunch but somehow I went off the idea..............:mrgreen:

Janex

Back