• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broken Bond between rabbits? Advice please..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Hi

So Lopsy and Bo were bonded over a month ago. Lopsy the female been the more domiant of the two. Possibly due to her size? French lop? Bo male, alot smaller.

It was a difficult bond, alot of chasing etc but eventually things settled down and they began happily eating together, snuggling together and even grooming.

They both have really changed since been put together and are much more friendly!

However, they have recently moved hutch/run combos which i feel has "upset" them slightly! Abit of chasing and fur pulling..

Sadly we noticed a few cuts....possibly bite marks on both of them...more so on Bo. The cuts are old and are healed. But there still seems to be some tension between them. For example chasing, but the next minute they will groom each other, Lopsy grooms him and he grooms her.

So i really dont know what to do for best....should i stick with it and allow them to sort out their "issues" or do i separate and leave them be...?

Any advice is appreciated as it really is getting to me...

Natalie xx

The move to a new hutch has obviously upset things and they are finding that natural order.

Personally I'd put them both in a carrier case and take them for a car ride. They won't be able to fight in such a confined space and should be more into each other when they come home.

If the fighting gets out of hand and nasty then you have no option, but I'd stick it out a little longer.

Good luck :D

The move to a new hutch has obviously upset things and they are finding that natural order.

Personally I'd put them both in a carrier case and take them for a car ride. They won't be able to fight in such a confined space and should be more into each other when they come home.

If the fighting gets out of hand and nasty then you have no option, but I'd stick it out a little longer.

Good luck :D

I only have a cat carrier which lopsy just fits in nicely would you put Bo in too? lol....

x

I tried the car stress technique..they just laid next to each other (although they couldnt do much more) lol.

Put them back out and the same thing happened. Bo upstairs, Lopsy downstairs..........

When this happened last time i shut off upstairs and just left them in the run, so im going to try this again with them.

Natalie xx

good luck...try it as tho from the beginning then and take it slow.....ive got bandit and bif rebonded but will not attempt to rebond my foursome..the frenchies are their own couple now as the frenchie doe is huge and shes dominant but so too is my little doe who thinks shes a pitbull....there was some serious fur ripping and bites on boith sides....

take it slow again it helps if you arent desperately trying to bond again they sense it.

Yep I continue with the bonding especially as the cuts are old and healing.

I agree that he new hutch move has upset the apple cart a bit but not so it can't be fixed.

Good luck:D

Hi,

I agree. If they are tolerating each other for significant periods of time without serious fighting then keep them together - especially if they're grooming.

Separating them will just set you back.

Damien

There eating together and theres not as much fur pulling...
Shes pretty dominant but just wish he'd stand his ground...she hops over and he runs away if she does it quickly lol...

x

Back