• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a question for HARE keepers.

belgian hares are a breed of rabbit and creating the breed never actually involved an actual hare (read that on google :D)

I just got a bunny called Harriet Hare, but that was just the name she was given when she was handed into the RSPCA (it's actually written on her card like that). The rehome thread was titled something about Home for Harriet Hare so maybe that's what you saw?
She's nothing like a hare though, just a beautiful agouti girl who's into everything and likes showing off her good looks and giving her fella the run-around :D

Yeah they really just look like hares. I've seen other rabbits who does that too sometimes, Zakura for instance:lol::
Hare_or_rabbit__by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

She's a nethie-lop dwarf cross. She can't do that now though, she's kind of fat:lol:

Belgian hares are all rabbits they just look like hare.
The real hare is a completely separate species, can't even interbreed with rabbits due to different nr of cromosones.

Back