• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

VHD Injection side effects

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Flopsy just had her VHD injection tonight, and although she seems fine in herself, she wasn't too interested in her tea. I saw her nibble a bit of hay and a bit of a carrot top but thats it.
Is this a normal side effect or should i be worried :?
She even pushed a dandelion leaf out of the way when i offered her it :shock:

Honey was the same when she had her VHD jab. Her first one I ended taking her back to the vet and she had two injections. The second one I had to hand feed her pellets and put some probiotic in her water and she picked up after a few hours. Just keep an eye on the bun if stops eating and drinking perhaps give the vet a call to check.

I've been spying on her and she seems to be ok when she's hopping about but looks a bit sad when she is just sat there.
She keeps sniffing around the food bowls but not having any. I gave her a bit of apple and a bit of banana cos she loves them, she had a little nibble then left it :?

apparently the VHD jab can make them feel a bit miserable. I noticed my Cookie last year was a bit off for a few hours - this year he seemed fine

It hasn't really bothered my other two but Bluebell suffers everytime he has it. He is really miserable and doesn't want to know. He's normally back to his old self by the next day tho.

She is fine today :D I caught her munching on some food before i put them to bed last night and today she is back to normal :)

Back