• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I hate the Rain!

Amy104

Warren Veteran
I have a thistle hall with a fennelfold attached for Bluebell and Willow but am struggling with keeping the run dry when it rains. They are sheilded by the fence on one side with tarp on the top and opposite side with the end open for ventilation. Any suggestions or better ideas as this is ok for light rain but not when its horrendous.

I don't know if others will agree with me, but if it's only light rain, i leave Henry (my outside bun) in his run - personally, i think as long as they have shelter it's ok.

I've just covered all the tops of my runs with the polypropylene roofing sheets since I got fed up with using plastic that always leaked. They're all now lovely and dry, even when its hammering down - not sure if that would be feasible for your run?

The light rain is not a prob but if its a real downpour and the wind is in the right direction the run part gets waterlogged. It's attached to the hutch and they seem to have enough sence to stay in there if its too bad so maybe I am worrying for nothing.

Back