• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi i need some help

kerrib1985

Young Bun
hi im new here one of my rabbits had six babies on sat night all are alive and are doing well.
but last night when i came home from work i through i would check on them. five of the babies were in a different place i think the mum had moved them and one was left on it own. why had she done this and should i move the one that is on its own or leave it.
i have never touched the babies so i know that isnt why, but i have looked in on them a couple of times could this be why she moved them if so why did she leave one on it own.
any infor would be great
many thanks kerri

sometimes mum will move a baby if she thinks it wont survive, to concentrate on her healthy babies. and sometimes the babies move on their own but mum physically cant pick them up to put them back in the nest.

or if she has been suckling them and she has been disturbed and moevd while they were still attachted to her

lisa

Back