• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO of Jack's Jane and Jaypot! And other disabled Bun owners...

RusselRocky

Mama Doe
Hello :wave: I was just wondering about 3-legged Bunnies, Lucy can be a bit wobbly sometimes? Is this normal? She moves very very very fast but sometimes has a wee wobble, I know she has partial paralysis of her other foot (the underside doesn't seem to feel as much) could that be the wobblyness! She only falls over if she binkies though! Also I have successfully (crosses fingers, touches wood) bonded Rocky, Jive and Lucy but it seems Rocky has now realised he is a boy and rather then being humped by Billy he is now desperately trying to hump Lucy (more so then Jive, more hormone smell from Lucy I think) and I am worried about the great lump snapping her other leg, I know it sounds silly and Lucy is very happy in herself, but is there a way I can show him she is fragile and he must be gentle with her?! He is quite clever and no- way would I split the 3 up now as they are so happy (hope I can add Billy) and Rocky has so come out of his shell, I also find them snuggled up in a pile of fluff in the dig box :D so does anyone have any ideas or advice of how to make sure that Lucy comes to no more damage or about the wobbliness - even though it isnt all the time, I am becoming so worried about her and I want to give her the best life possible I am a silly thing I know :oops::oops:

Sorry for the long thread...:oops: "picked" on you Jane coz you have Harry :) and I think they are the same leg and everything!! :D

Hello :wave: I was just wondering about 3-legged Bunnies, Lucy can be a bit wobbly sometimes? Is this normal? She moves very very very fast but sometimes has a wee wobble, I know she has partial paralysis of her other foot (the underside doesn't seem to feel as much) could that be the wobblyness! She only falls over if she binkies though! Also I have successfully (crosses fingers, touches wood) bonded Rocky, Jive and Lucy but it seems Rocky has now realised he is a boy and rather then being humped by Billy he is now desperately trying to hump Lucy (more so then Jive, more hormone smell from Lucy I think) and I am worried about the great lump snapping her other leg, I know it sounds silly and Lucy is very happy in herself, but is there a way I can show him she is fragile and he must be gentle with her?! He is quite clever and no- way would I split the 3 up now as they are so happy (hope I can add Billy) and Rocky has so come out of his shell, I also find them snuggled up in a pile of fluff in the dig box :D so does anyone have any ideas or advice of how to make sure that Lucy comes to no more damage or about the wobbliness - even though it isnt all the time, I am becoming so worried about her and I want to give her the best life possible I am a silly thing I know :oops::oops:

Sorry for the long thread...:oops: "picked" on you Jane coz you have Harry :) and I think they are the same leg and everything!! :D

Hello :wave:

Harry has the occassional wobble too. But OMG is he fast :shock: I think the odd wobble is to be expected in tripod Buns

With regards to Rocky I think you just need to keep a close eye on the dynamics of the group. It may well turn out that Lucy will eventually tell Rocky off for pestering her and as long as he accepts 'no' from her he should gradually calm down. I dont think you can 'teach' him to be more gentle with her because she's a tripod.

Sometimes the disabled Bun turns out to be the more dominant one character wise so you just need to make sure that a big attitude does not get the disabled Bun into big trouble should able bodied Buns not accept a lower rank in the heirarchy

Janex :)

Hello :wave:

Harry has the occassional wobble too. But OMG is he fast :shock: I think the odd wobble is to be expected in tripod Buns

With regards to Rocky I think you just need to keep a close eye on the dynamics of the group. It may well turn out that Lucy will eventually tell Rocky off for pestering her and as long as he accepts 'no' from her he should gradually calm down. I dont think you can 'teach' him to be more gentle with her because she's a tripod.

Sometimes the disabled Bun turns out to be the more dominant one character wise so you just need to make sure that a big attitude does not get the disabled Bun into big trouble should able bodied Buns not accept a lower rank in the heirarchy

Janex :)

Thanks Jane! :) I probably sound so silly :lol: I just worry, though she does lead him on a bit... Think she needs a spaying :lol: she presents herself to him he gets on and then she runs away... little tease :oops::lol:

But thanks for the advice! And raine :wave: I knew there was another person but the name was just out of reach :oops: Thanks! :wave:

Yes Lucy is quite a dominant young lady and Rocky is a big sap so she should manage to "control" him :lol:

Thanks Jane! :) I probably sound so silly :lol: I just worry, though she does lead him on a bit... Think she needs a spaying :lol: she presents herself to him he gets on and then she runs away... little tease :oops::lol:

But thanks for the advice! And raine :wave: I knew there was another person but the name was just out of reach :oops: Thanks! :wave:

Yes Lucy is quite a dominant young lady and Rocky is a big sap so she should manage to "control" him :lol:

What a little floozy !! :lol::lol:

Janex

I have bonded 3 legged bunnies 3 different times and have never found it any different to bonding 4 legged bunnies. The only difference I had with Brendan was that when he tried to mount the girls he always fell off as he didn't have the other leg to keep him in place. It didn't seem to bother him though as he just kept trying and is now happily bonded to a pair of girlies.

Mine do have wobbly spots as well, especially when Tiffany was a baby ( she had her leg removed at 6 weeks old) she would do great big binkies and then seem to have no control over how she landed. It use to scare the life out of me in case she damaged the other leg, but she is a year now and has no problems at all :D

The wobbling is tough in the first 2 mth. or so, after a while, the bunny get used to it. MY bunny Goofball has her leg removed, she lives 1 yr. longer and no problem with the other leg.

The small problem is the peeing, I gave her a pillow and packed w/ towels, so she pees on the towel while resting on the pillow. As it is not possible for her to pee w/ just 1 rear leg.

But overall, things works out very nicely in the past 1 yr.

Back