• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking After Pets After Your Death

Keyzzee

Warren Scout
Hi, just curious if any one has made any contingencies regarding the welfare of their pets should the worst happen and you die suddenly, its something that has been on my mind for sometime, my family nor friends are particularly clued up about rabbit welfare etc, if I died, I know that my hubby would continue to look after my babies really well as he's as dotty about them as I am. But if we were both killed in a crash or something then Im worry about what would happen to my buns. Does anyone know of any schemes or anything whereby I could volunteer to take in someones orphaned bunnies, if they would do likewise. I hope this makes sense. Or if anyone who lives in the north east/yorkshire area would be willing to pair up with me etc, I mean god forebid that anything should happen to any of us, but I would feel better knowing that my buns would be going to a loving home. :?

Phil knows where to send all the rabbit's if anything happens to me....they will be returned to their respective rescue's (with their partners if required) and my non-adopted bunnies will be going to Aunty Angie's for rehoming.

Phil couldn't cope with them and it wouldn't be fair on him or the bunnies to request he keep them....though there may be a possibility Callisto would stay with him because he :love: her.

chloaster gets mine if the OH doesn't want them but she is allowed to rehome them if they don't bond with the 15 fat fluffs & she doesn't want to keep them as house bunnys. Rosie I don't think would make a good fluff, honey would probably love it....sooty I imagine would prefer to cozy up to max indoors and get away from all the nagging women.

Connie came from Honeybunnies (Jill's) so I guess she would need to go back to Jill for rehoming, along with Dillon. I know Mark wouldn't be able to keep them by himself. If something happened to both of us, my parents will keep the cats.

Lian x

Jack's Jane get's my vote as well!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do I remember a post where she said sh's not having anymore:lol::lol:

She might have to change her address:lol::lol:

Maureen

my rabbits would go to my nearest rescue because i dont know anyone who would want an extra 4 rabbits nor any family who knows how to look after a rabbit :shock: so rescue it'll have to be :(

my mum and dad would either care for them, or put them on here in hope of finding them a home, but they wouldnt go into rescue. There would ether find them a home direct, or keep them. x

Never really thought about it as i dont like to think about us dying!:shock: Its not going to happen but if it did Scotts mum or brother or my mum would take them, it doesnt matter really...wed be dead so im sure theyd have that to think about rather than be minding if theyve got rabbits or not!

chloaster gets mine if the OH doesn't want them but she is allowed to rehome them if they don't bond with the 15 fat fluffs & she doesn't want to keep them as house bunnys. Rosie I don't think would make a good fluff, honey would probably love it....sooty I imagine would prefer to cozy up to max indoors and get away from all the nagging women.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Chloaster would get my 14 too :rolleyes:

My own personal rabbits (my giants) would go to my friends Laura(loopylop), Catherine and also my fosterer Karen. Then all the buns in rescue I would want going to certain rescues I trust as I know these will only rehome to excellent homes:D.

David will have to keep Winnie (my guinea pig) and my other guinea pigs or Loopylop will have to have them if David couldn't look after them.

I've never discussed this with anyone but i know my b/f would have them, or my parents. Either way i know they would be looked after and loved

Reckon my boyfriend would want to keep them on as he's their bunny daddy. If he wasn't around they'd go back to the RSPCA as per my adoption agreement, but if they were happy for my sister to have them I'd like that (she has house bunnies herself so would take good care).

When we made a will a few years ago i put a piece in saying if we both died together that i expected my bun to be looked after in the manner she is used to[ie indoors and part of the family] and if no one comes forward to wanting her[family/friends]then the RWA were to be contacted.I keep thinking about Guardian Angels[not heard of them at time of will]and to look into their organisation.

When we made a will a few years ago i put a piece in saying if we both died together that i expected my bun to be looked after in the manner she is used to[ie indoors and part of the family] and if no one comes forward to wanting her[family/friends]then the RWA were to be contacted.I keep thinking about Guardian Angels[not heard of them at time of will]and to look into their organisation.

Adele....Admin on here runs Guardian Angels, you could PM her for information :)

Hubby will be keeping Sophie and failing him not being around, she is going to kayj who runs bunny hops :) All my friends and family are aware of that.

Last edited:
Hubby and kids would keep mine, they all know how to look after them and there would be no question about them going anywhere else :D

My parents have agreed to keep all mine until their dying day - which would be a while ! :shock::lol: They know I would come back to haunt them should they do anything else! :D

Back