• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Experts Needed........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I'll keep this brief.....promise.. :roll:

I have 4 single Bucks, Michael, Harry, Hal and Fred. On observing their individual characters and how they respond to another Buck I am thinking of maybe trying to bond Hal and Fred... :?

Hal- previous history of numerous failed bondings with Does, they all attack him :cry: Hal is a highly strung poor sighted lad.

Fred- Lived with his Mum, the late Freya, all his life ( almost 3 years ) til we lost her a few months ago :cry: No attempt at bonding him to another Bun thus far. Fred is a 'delicate' soul and does not do stress of any kind....:?

Hal + Fred- interaction through wire fence = chinning each other, synchronised weeing, back to back...:? :roll: No sign of any aggression at all......... Chomp on same strand of hay through the wire fence...

Do I attempt a 'civil partnership' with 2 Bucks.........

:?

Janex

I would. But then I was joking with Angie the other day that I might end up with a border collie bonded into the 9:?:oops::lol:

You can always put them back alone if either gets too worked up or shows aggression:D

I would. But then I was joking with Angie the other day that I might end up with a border collie bonded into the 9:?:oops::lol:

You can always put them back alone if either gets too worked up or shows aggression:D

Yeh, its not like I risk upsetting an established bond by making a trio....:?
Hmmmmmm, might give it a go. Just need to stock on some valium .....for me !!

Janex :wave:

Ooh - go for it Jane. It certainly sounds very promising if they are getting on so well through the fence.

Good luck. Sending vibes for two happily bonded boys xx

Give it a go you never know till you try :D

Saying that Bruce and Bertie sit together and chin each other through the bars but put them together and all hell brakes loose :roll:

Go for it Jane! You will never know until you try! Although I bonded Dex with Liq he was never overly fussed by her - since adding all my bunch to a group Dex and Monty have become firm friends and the closest ! Hal sounds very much like Dex ! :D:lol:

I attempted a bathroom bonding with the boys...........

Not good.....:cry:

As usual Hal came off worse :cry:

I really dont understand why everybun hates him :? :(

I know he swears and growls but he means no harm. My neighbour saw me getting Hal out of his run and Hal did his usual flying grunting growl. Neighbour was like :shock::shock::shock: I just ignore Hal and pick him up anyway. He immediately snuggles into me and I sometimes get Bunny kisses :love:

I guess noBun understands him.............:cry:

So Hal and Fred wont be bonded..........

Janex

I know he swears and growls but he means no harm. My neighbour saw me getting Hal out of his run and Hal did his usual flying grunting growl. Neighbour was like I just ignore Hal and pick him up anyway. He immediately snuggles into me and I sometimes get Bunny kisses

Thats exactly like Dennis:shock:. I wonder if its an orange rex thing? Hal is one isn't he? I am embarassed to admit unlike you I am intimidated by his grunts and growls and shy away from picking him up (once you have him he is lovely!:love:) but my bf adores him and can do anything with him. He isn't aggressive just very vocal. :)

Sorry, the bonding didn't work. What about having them live next door to each other... Maybe they like each other but being males want their own domain? :D:lol:

Aw what a shame. Poor Hal. it'd be nice for them to be friends through the wire still wouldn't it? They kinda still have companionship of a sort then. x x

Thats exactly like Dennis:shock:. I wonder if its an orange rex thing? Hal is one isn't he? I am embarassed to admit unlike you I am intimidated by his grunts and growls and shy away from picking him up (once you have him he is lovely!:love:) but my bf adores him and can do anything with him. He isn't aggressive just very vocal. :)

Sorry, the bonding didn't work. What about having them live next door to each other... Maybe they like each other but being males want their own domain? :D:lol:

I am pretty certain its the Orange Rex predisposition to poor eyesight that is Hal's problem. Also, his breeder picked him up by his ears :shock: :cry: :evil:
I met breeder on the hard shoulder of a motorway and he opened the BOOT of his car and literally dragged Hal out of a box by his ears...:evil: :cry::cry:

I was so shocked, angry and upset. I had agreed to pay the breeder £20 but he said 'dont bother, he's rubish and I'd be culling him anyway'

:evil:

:cry::cry:

I love Hal lots and lots and I dont blame him one bit for being a growler.

Janex :)

It sounded such a good idea. Well done for trying Jane. It looks as though Hal is happy as he is.......we all love him on here......bless him

xx

poor Hal :( so sad that hew had such an awful start in life. do you think any of your other singletons would bond with each other?

All my singletons are Bucks ( 4 in total ) and the only two I'd attempt to bond were Fred and Hal. I dont want to try to bond any of the single lads into an established duo as I dont want to risk breaking an established bond and possibly ending up with 3 more singletons.

The Single lads have lots of Rabs nearby and I am always around too. Infact Michael is sitting on my lap as I type this!!

Janex :)

Awww poor Hal!! What an awful thing to say ... he's rubbish. He's a gorgeous boy, and he's so lucky to have found you. I am sure they will continue to be friends through the fence!

Back